6 Sep 2022
Workshop Foreman at Mechanics for Africa
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: Mechanics for Africa
- Location: Zambia
- State: Ndola
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Construction/Real Estate Jobs in Zambia
- Responsible for the safe and efficient running of the workshop, maintaining modern facilities and equipment required to provide a first class service to our customers.
- To work closely with the Academic team in providing appropriate work experience to the students of Mechanics for Africa.
- Uphold the Christian ethos and values in all that is undertaken within the workshop and the wider community.
- To be a Christian role model for all workshop/college staff and students.
- Lead staff and students in Christian worship as required.
- Manage client liaison and customer service, ensuring that estimates and timescales for work are clearly communicated to customers and that customer feedback and complaints are dealt with promptly.
- Ensure customer requirements are fully understood and communicated in an effective manner to workshop staff.
- Establish and maintain relationships with parts suppliers to ensure that competitive prices and
delivery times are achieved.
- Ensure the timely provision of parts and equipment required to enhance the smooth progression of projects through the workshop
- Maintain a database of all purchases, work in progress, parts used, jobs completed, time taken, and staff involved.
- Ensure timely and accurate issuing of invoices.
- Provide comprehensive monthly reports for the CEO and Trustees.
- Ensure that appropriate up to date diagnostic test equipment and tools are used for vehicle
maintenance and repair.
- Plan to provide customers with vehicle life-long support in line with an overall commitment to provide advice, strong local presence, and great service.
- Plan for continuous improvement of the workshop efficiency and productivity by learning from what works well and what goes wrong
- Calculate and manage the effective use of the workshop equipment and facilities.
- Plan the distribution of work among the staff utilising available skills mix.
- Identify individual training and development needs.
- Manage liaison between workshop and service reception on customer vehicle progress
- Ensure excellent communication with employees to enable them to carry out their duties
- Ensure the health and safety of students, staff and visitors.
- Maintain attendance records for staff.
- Organize training programs for workshop staff in order to enhance their skills and performance
- Facilitate and undertake the workshop learning of all students in line with course requirements.
- Involved with the recruitment and selection of students.
Method of ApplicationTo apply for this job email your details to [email protected]
Closing Date : 12th September , 2022.