WASH Technician Lead at Living Water International Zambia Country Office
- Company: Living Water International Zambia Country Office
- Location: Zambia
- State: Chibombo
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
Living Water International (LWI)
Living Water International (LWI) is a global Non-Governmental Organization that exists to demonstrate the love of God by helping communities acquire desperately needed clean water, and experience “living water” (the gospel of Jesus Christ) which alone satisfies the deepest thirst. Living Water provides safe drinking water, Christian Witness, Sanitation and Hygiene Education to communities across Africa. A vacancy exists in the Zambia Country Office for the position of Water and Sanitation Technician Lead to be based in Chibombo:
Position Title: WASH Technician Lead
Reporting to: WASH Engineer
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the WASH Engineer, the WASH Technician Lead plays an important role in determining the scope of work, necessary equipment, supplies, and costs for all O&M activities or maintenance requests by communities. WASH Technician Lead supports the W&S technician assistants in performing their jobs and ensuring that the Operation & Maintenance (O&M) program runs efficiently and is in alignment with LWI Quality Standards.
- Develop and coordinate the annual well operation and maintenance program of the LWI country office.
- Ensure the maintenance of spare parts necessary to assist in the community pump repairs and ensure technical support for O&M is available to communities that require it.
- Coordinate the community verification visits and review the results with appropriate staff. Develop action plans as needed.
- Coordinate and review all water quality tests, capital maintenance, and re-visits to help ensure accuracy and follow up plans if needed.
- Promote good relations between LWI and communities by transparent communication with all stakeholders.
- Coordinate and provide O&M training to identified community members on water systems and sanitation facilities
- Coordinate field visits to communities for maintenance requests.
- Train community people and local authorities responsible for the administration and operation of each water system over the aspects of operation and maintenance, disinfecting and chlorinating the water for consumption. Responsible for facilitating the follow-up in the areas of operation to guarantee the operational sustainability of the systems through supporting the contracted personnel for the entity (operators and plumbers) by means of trainings in operation, maintenance and administration of the system.
- Coordinate the pump equipment purchases, ensuring the maintenance of appropriate stock.
- Transport the pump maintenance equipment as neede
- Ensure proper use of safety equipment, such as gloves, helmets, earplugs, and all necessary safety tools in the field
- Assist with hosting/transporting LWT teams. Provide regular /monthly reports to the W&S Engineer.
- Supervising workers on site such as bricklayers/masons, plumbers, electricians, and other craftsmen as well as community members who are performing activities related to the project so that these tasks are executed to the satisfaction of internal and external clients.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- MUST be a committed Christian with personal relationship with Christ Jesus.
- Diploma in Water Engineering, Civil Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- Pump mechanics and Water Systems certificates.
- Experience in hydraulics added advantage
- Two or more years’ work experience in a program /development related environment.
- Experience with I-NGO or a national civil society is a definite advantage.
Competencies and other Skills
- Knowledge of water operations, requirements, risk factors and safety involved in operating processes
- Familiar with community water systems.
- Ability to install, test the well and knowledge of the maintenance of water pumps.
- Ability to move, travel and stay in the field
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Knowledge of water quality tests
- Valid driver’s license-essential, in heavy vehicle handling
- Knowledge of a local language in a given community.
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates should send their application letter with not more than four paged detailed updated Curriculum Vitae to:
The Human Resources Manager
Living Water International
Post Net Box 414, P/B E10, Arcades
Plot No. 50, Mwambula Crescent
Do not send copies of your qualifications at this stage, only cover letter and CV.
Position applied for should be included in the subject line of your email when sending in your application. You can also Submit applications to [email protected] or hand delivered to Living Water International Offices situated at Plot 50, Mwambula Crescent, off Central street, Jesmondine, Lusaka.
The deadline for receipt of application letters is 23rd September, 2022 at 17: 00 hours, Zambian time. Applications sent after the deadline will not be considered.
LWI in Zambia is an equal opportunity employer, and therefore qualified females are encouraged to apply.
All documents submitted will not be returned and are subject to authenticity and background checks.
A recommendation from your local pastor / church leader will be an added advantage.
ONLY shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
You are free to visit the website: http//www.water.cc for more information about the activities of Living Water International.
ONLY Applicants that STRICTLY meet the qualifications and person specifications should apply.