Training Specialist, Excavators & Shovels at First Quantum Minerals Ltd (FQM)
- Company: First Quantum Minerals Ltd (FQM)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kalumbila
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia - First Quantum Minerals Ltd (FQM) Jobs in Zambia
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Overall Job Purpose:
To coordinate Excavator & Shovels Training and Assessment activities, supervising daily Training tasks, scheduling all Trainings in the Training systems [Intuition INX] and Reporting the progress of all Training activities to the Technical Training Superintendent.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Assign tasks as scheduled to the Excavator & Shovels Trainers, supervise daily training tasks and provide all the necessary training tools to help them carry out their duties effectively.
- Coordinate all sectional Training and Assessment activities and ensure that they are being executed in accordance with the FQM Trident Technical Training systems and assessment guideline.
- Compile the weekly Training assignment schedule and send to the Technical Training superintendent.
- Managing staff rosters in line with company policy.
- Ensure all relevant short term planning is done in line with the company’s training set objectives.
- Maintaining a pro-active approach to all aspects of operational and behavioural safety and encourage teamwork within the department in line with FQM TRI – company values.
- Schedule nominated trainings in the system (Intuition INX) and communicate the training dates and duration to the client/end user.
- Communicate with the external training provider and coordinate any external scheduled training.
- Conduct Operational performance review and set smart goals for all Excavator & Shovels Trainers.
- Coach and mentor Trainers [new and old] on the job in order to improve the effectiveness of training delivery.
- Conduct Training Need Analysis (TNA) and training audits as directed by the Technical Training Superintendent.
- Develop, review and update Learning Materials and Documentation (Manuals, PowerPoint, Assessment tools etc.)
- Maintain all Training records (electronically and in hard copies) and coordinate all simulator administrative duties.
- Any other duties as directed by the Technical Training Superintendent or the Technical Training Manager.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Must have hands-on experience with excavator & shovel equipment operations.
- Knowledge of legislation governing mining safety related to excavator & shovel equipment operations.
- Mining regulations knowledge.
- Training needs assessment skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Communication skills with good command of the English language.
- Training material and assessment documents development.
- Mentoring and coaching skills.
- Presentation and facilitation skills.
- Excellent organizational and report writing.
- Knowledge in basic health and safety.
- Knowledge of training event coordination.
- Knowledge of e-learning platforms.
- Good planning skills.
Key Job Attributes:
- Excellent attitude.
- Detail oriented.
- Team player.
- Able to multitask.
- Able to explain technical concepts to nontechnical employees.
- Commitment to meeting objectives.
- Proactive approach.
- Able to work under minimum supervision.
- Must be smart and driven.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Strong drive to contribute to copper production.
- Commitment to SHE performance.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Be diligent and thorough in approach.
Experience required to perform in this job:
- At least 3 years of operational experience and 3-5-years’ experience as Trainer/assessor preferably in the mining industry.
- Knowledge with regards the legislation that govern mine safety as well as the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Zambia and other safety statutory provisions.
- Management skills.
- Coaching and Facilitation skills.
- Supervisory and administration skills.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Full Grade twelve certificate
- Certificates in Surface Mobile equipment [SME] Operations in related field.
- Minimum of a diploma in a technical field, a degree is preferred.
- A diploma in technical teaching/teaching methodology or equivalent will be an added advantage
- Training professional registered with TEVETA and valid EIZ license.
- Certificate in supervisory/leadership course.
- Advanced Simulator Certificate level 1 & 2 – an added advantage.
- Certificate in Computer skills (Word, Excel PowerPoint & Outlook).
- Driver’s License.
- A valid first aid certificate is advantageous.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 14th December, 2022.