Geology Intern at Barrick Gold Corporation
- Company: Barrick Gold Corporation
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kalumbila
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Barrick Gold Corporation Jobs in Zambia - Engineering Jobs in Zambia
TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES: MINE GEOLOGIST INTERN
Lumwana Mining Company is offering opportunities for internship development program to highly committed persons to gain industrial experience under Mineral Resource Management. We are looking for 2020 – 2021 graduates from both Public and Private Universities.
Your Duties Will Include, But Not Limited To The Following
Reporting to the Mine Geologist, you will assist in the provision of all Grade Control and Production related activities and the interface with the mine planners, mine supervisors, and drilling crews in order to optimize the resource definition, profitable development, and exploitation of the Malundwe and Chimiwungo ore bodies.
- Ensure that all HSE policies and strategies are stringently adopted and adhered to and implemented (where required)
- Ensure that Grade Control drilling programs are executed as per the schedule.
- Collect, validate, and import all geological data into the geological database in a timely and efficient manner.
- Active participation in monitoring of sampling systems, practices, and sample QAQC in the field.
- Ensure that Geological Technicians are provided with adequate training to improve their general knowledge of geology, sampling theory, ore body styles and characteristics.
- Active participation and attendance as required in daily/weekly/monthly drilling and production meetings:
- Actively participate and maintain all communication, with the Mine Technical Service, Mine Operations, and its Business Partners and to meet Grade control drilling and ore delivery requirements.
- Active participation in the construction of daily and weekly Crusher Feed plans.
- Improvement in feed versus mill grade reconciliation is achieved due to suitable supervision of ore mining equipment and personnel(s) as required on shift.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor of Mineral Science – majoring in Geology
- Computer literate, with a high level of Microsoft office skills.
- Member of Engineering Institution of Zambia.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Willingness to learn.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th September , 2022.