This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
2 Feb 2023
Ehs Manager– Retailing And Abattoirs at Zambeef Products Plc
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: Zambeef Products Plc
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
EHS MANAGER– RETAILING AND ABATTOIRS (1)
The Required Skills for this Role Include:
- Designing, developing and implementing measures to promote health and safety in the work environment and making sure that the company’s business operations meet statutory requirements and Good International Industry Practice (GIIP).
- Maintaining minimum standards of health and safety at the premises in order to ensure that minimum standards of safety as identified by the employer and regulators are complied with.
- Liaising with statutory Inspectors and other enforcement officials as required.
- Preparing Health and Safety related permit applications in time.
Managing policy and procedures relating to Health and safety in the work environment.
- Participating in the ongoing development requirements of the company’s Health and Safety management program and compliance, including risk assessments and carrying out internal audits
- Ensuring that all registers and records and documentation relating to the role are properly maintained.
- Coordinating and assisting with technical training and overall competency to management and employees with regards to the operational aspects of the Health and Safety program, operational methods and personnel practices, and maintenance for Health and Safety statutory compliance.
The Required Qualifications are:
- Grade Twelve Certificate
- Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Chemistry, Environmental Health, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, or equivalent
- At least 5 years hands on occupational health and safety experience
The Required Attributes Include:
- High level of business acumen, evidenced street smartness.
Working knowledge of environmental trends.
- Good judgement and good decision-making ability
- Committed team player with ability to interact with all levels of employees in the organization
- Developed written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in pressured and deadline-driven operating environment
- Detail-orientated with the technical aptitude and ability to perform tasks accurately and comprehensively
- Expert in multi-tasking, time management and planning of work
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to submit their application letters, with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates, and contact details of three (3) referees to:
THE HR OPERATIONS MANAGER
Zambeef Products PLC
P/B 17, Woodlands
Email: [email protected]
NB. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Zambeef Products PLC values gender diversity in the recruitment process as we promote gender equality.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 8th February, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.