Despatch Clerk at RDO Equipment Africa
- Company: RDO Equipment Africa
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kabwe
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
One of the functions of a despatch Clerk is to dispatch spare parts. The goal of this stage is to write the products ordered by customers so that they leave the warehouse in time and are delivered at the agreed-upon time and in perfect condition
Duties and Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare documents for Sales team.
- Record every item going out of warehouse using invoice plus delivery notes on excel spreadsheet.
- Maintain constant communication with Part Sales men to ensure customer’s delivery needs are addressed.
- Communicate all relevant information effectively to involved parties to ensure proper execution of work
- Handle internal and external pick list in a quick and courteous manner, escalating matters based on priorities.
- Develop relationships with all cross section of staff and clients.
- Implement and maintain an effective dispatch system
- Coordinates parts required to be dispatched and make sure all documents are completed daily.
- Check items to be dispatched against invoice and delivery note.
- Ensure items are properly packaged for dispatch.
- Ensure proof of delivery is obtained.
Skills & Requirement
a. Writing – Communicating effectively in writing delivery notes, Invoices, GRN, and other necessary stores documents.
b. Attention to detail – Job requires being precise and thorough in completing work task.
c. Service Orientation – Expidite daily to customer
Qualifications and Experience
d. Certificate in Purchasing and Supply Management.
e. Advanced Certificate in Excel and Sage experience added advantage
f. 2 years’ Experience in selling Agriculture spare parts.
g. Attention to detail essential.