Crane Maintenance Millwright at Barrick
- Company: Barrick
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kalumbila
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Barrick Gold Corporation Jobs in Zambia - Engineering Jobs in Zambia
Lumwana Mining Company seeks to recruit a highly committed employee for the position of Crane Maintenance Millwright to join the versatile Mine Maintenance team.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be responsible for assisting in day to day mobile and overhead crane maintenance and repair throughout the mine site. Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Examination, maintenance and repairs of overhead, static and portable lifting equipment in accordance with Zambian Mining regulations, international standards and company policies
- Adherence to Barrick safety working standards.
- Read blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine working practices
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices to position equipment and parts during installation, set-up and repair of machinery.
- Able to read, interpret and understand hydraulic schematics.
- Able to test and wire all electrical motors for Overhead cranes e.g., Condra, Konecranes etc.
- Conversant with setting up OHC motion limits on both electronically and mechanically by referring to OEM standards.
- Check and maintain quality critical aspects of machine operations as defined by standard operating procedures.
- Willing to work at heights more than 15m.
- Adjust machinery and repair/replace defective parts
To be considered for the position, you must meet the following requirements:
- Full Grade Twelve School Certificate
- Craft Certificate in Electrical or Mechanical engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years’ work experience in a similar role, preferably in the mining industry.
- Strong commitment to safety as well as good understanding of rules, regulations and company policies regarding lifting machinery and accessories.
- Good communications skills, able to work under minimum supervision, self-motivated, team player and innovative.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
- Must have good communication skills in the English language.
- Must be familiar with safe working practices.
Barrick – Lumwana employees that meet the above stated requirements are invited to submit their CVs through http://jobs.barrick.com/ .
Barrick has a strong commitment to environmental, health and safety management.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 6 October 2022. If you are not contacted by HR department within 30 days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful.
Human Resources Manager
‘Be Aware of Fraudsters’
Lumwana Mining Company does not solicit for payment of any funds towards the recruitment process.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 13th October, 2022.