Coordinator, Projects at First Quantum Minerals Ltd (FQM)
- Company: First Quantum Minerals Ltd (FQM)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kalumbila
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia - First Quantum Minerals Ltd (FQM) Jobs in Zambia
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Overall Job Purpose
FQM Trident Limited is looking for a Commercial Projects Coordinator with a good degree from a reputable university. The Commercial Projects Coordinator will manage and keep track of several critical commercial aspects of the business, including fuel, lubricants, explosives, bussing, health services, KTDC, and also tackle other ad-hoc commercial requirements of business. The Fuel Controller position shall report to this position.
Specific Job Responsibility
- The Commercial Projects Coordinator will work on a wide range of tasks and projects under direction of the Superintendent for Commercial Services.
- The Commercial Projects Coordinator will work on tasks and projects that will involve commercial contract management, invoice processing, rise-and-fall price variation calculations, and (where applicable) stock level management for:
- 1. Fuel, including managing a ‘Fuel Controller’ position as a direct report
- 2. Explosives Lubricants
- 3. Bussing (i.e., transportation for Company employees)
- 4. Grinding Media,
- 5. Logistics Commercial aspects of Kalumbila Town Development Corporation (KTDC) Health Services
- 6. Other ad-hoc areas of business needing attention, as asked
- 7. The responsibilities of the Commercial Projects Coordinator may vary from time to time.
Job Specific Competencies
- Knowledge of supervisory practices, principles and techniques
- Basic-to-intermediate finance knowledge
- Basic knowledge of how the mining industry operates and basic knowledge of the contract management
- Knowledge of basic procurement principles
- Knowledge of how to use basic analytical tools
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
Key Job Attributes
- Own his/her allocated areas of responsibility
- Have unquestionable integrity.
- Pay attention to detail.
- Must have a desire to learn and have strong comprehension.
- Be conceptually sound with numbers and arithmetic/algebra.
- Have a keen eye for continuous process improvement
- Be driven and have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Have the ability to multi-task when necessary.
- Be able to do ad-hoc tasks depending on the project
- Must be assertive when necessary.
- Be a team player and adapt to personalities in the working environment.
Qualifications and Experience required to perform in this job
- A Bachelors’ degree in Commerce, Business, Engineering, Finance or Law. Education in other disciplines may be considered.
- Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply membership will be advantageous.
- MBA/ CFA/ CA advantageous.
- 2 years’ work experience in a commercial / procurement field, with preference given to mining commercial department experience.
- Past experience with auditing, or contract management and/or contract drafting will be looked at favorably.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 5th December, 2022.