Auto Electrician at Barrick
- Company: Barrick
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kalumbila
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Barrick Gold Corporation Jobs in Zambia - Engineering Jobs in Zambia
Lumwana Mining Company seeks to recruit a highly committed employee for the position of Auto Electrician to join the versatile Mine Maintenance team.
Reporting to the Cranes Maintenance Supervisor, you will be responsible for the day to day of all electrical tasks associated with the specific outlines in the duties and ensuring these are completed in a timely manner. Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Install, maintain, diagnose faults and repair electrical wiring
- Able to read, understand and interpret all electrical schematic drawings
- Diagnose, service and repair faults on electronically controlled vehicle systems such as electronic fuel injection and ignition, cruise control programming of mobile cranes electronic components and automatic transmissions.
- Replace electrical components on vehicles.
- Able to understand CAN-bars system on mobile Cranes, Telehandlers and Forklifts
- Clean and test components
- Ensure hazardous substances are disposed of appropriately and Health Safety and Environment (HSE) requirements are met
- Fix problems on instrument panels such as speedometers and fuel and oil gauges
- Repair or replace faulty ignition, electrical wiring, fuses, lamps and switches and use specialised electrical tools and machines
- Any other duties as directed by the Senior LVs & Cranes maintenance Supervisor Mining
- Maintain a professional work ethic through effective, honest communication with supervisors, peers, and operations personnel always.
- Plan, schedule and monitor work of support personnel to assist immediate supervisor.
To be considered for the position, you must meet the following requirements:
- Full Grade Twelve School Certificate
- Craft Certificate in Automotive Electrical.
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambian
- Minimum two (2) years mining experience in the testing, replacement, and installation of equipment such as ECM, Electronic sensors, alternators, starter motors and batteries.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Must have good communication skills in the English language.
- Must be familiar with safe working practices.
Barrick – Lumwana employees that meet the above stated requirements are invited to submit their CVs through http://jobs.barrick.com/ .
Barrick has a strong commitment to environmental, health and safety management.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 6 October 2022. If you are not contacted by HR department within 30 days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful.
Human Resources Manager
‘Be Aware of Fraudsters’
Lumwana Mining Company does not solicit for payment of any funds towards the recruitment process
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 13th October, 2022.