20 Sep 2022
Assistant Workshop Manager at ZHL (Reputable Company)
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: ZHL (Reputable Company)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Chingola
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
- Liaise with operations and dispatch on planning of workshop and express trucks on a daily basis.
- Communicate Major works to operations in good time for effective planning.
- Managing of recoveries and break downs
- Communicate with operations on any breakdowns for monitoring and record purposes
- Ensure breakdown job cards are fully & correctly filled in before handing in to be put onto system.
- Printing and assessing of incident report (history of trucks and follow ups) of trucks in the workshop on a daily basis
- Inspecting that health and safety is been adhered (cabin stands, choke blocks and truck stands are been used correctly)
- Allocate jobs e.g. priority trucks that need to be out of the workshop early and major works on the ground
- Do V.I.D on the trucks out of the workshop to ensure work quality is up to date & jobcards are fully signed by staff and driver before exit.
- Checking all old spare removed from units for the date fitted and raise any claims or queries with stores if need.
- Monitor spares being used and communicate with stores to ensure correct stock is always available
- Manage all aspects of Workshop to ensure efficient movement of vehicles
- Manage and oversee Subcontractor Workshops
- Daily liaison with Operations Management regarding availability of vehicles
- Ensure proper housekeeping and upkeep in area of responsibility
- Any other delegated tasks deemed as reasonable and as assigned by the reporting manager
- Computer skills, including Word and Excel in a Microsoft
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Full Grade 12 certificate
- Minimum Diploma in Auto Mechanics
- Minimum of 5 years proven experience in managing a workshop
- Knowledge of mechanical issues, services, warranties and general repairs of Trucks
- Technically competent Mechanical qualification
ONLY candidates that meet the minimum requirements will be considered.
In the subject line indicate “Assistant Workshop Manager ”
Method of ApplicationTo apply for this job email your details to [email protected]
Closing Date : 30th September , 2022.