Year 6 Teacher x2 at Sentinel Kabitaka School
- Company: Sentinel Kabitaka School
- Location: Zambia
- State: Solwezi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Zambia
Educore Services is seeking suitably qualified, experienced and enthusiastic candidates to fill the role of Primary School Teacher specialising in Year (Grade) 6. The successful candidates will be based at Sentinel Kabitaka Solwezi. The year 6 teachers should commence no later than 1st January 2023. The appointees will report to the school Deputy Headteacher, directly contribute to all areas of teaching and support all designated classes.
Sentinel Kabitaka is part of the exciting and ambitious educational establishments in the North-Western Province of Zambia catering to children from Nursery through to A-Level. The school delivers the IPC, Zambian and Cambridge IGCSE curricular. Expanding annually, the school (which is a part of the Educore Services group of schools) offers a holistic education focusing not only on academic achievement but sport, outdoor pursuits and the performing arts.
Main Purpose of the Job
To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students. Also, to support, facilitate and encourage a learning experience that provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- Grade 12 Certificate with credit in English and Math
- Minimum Diploma in Primary School Education
- Valid Teaching Practice Certificate
- Experience in teaching the ECZ curriculum and Cambridge Curriculum to Year 6 up to Year 9 classes is an added advantage
- Have a secure knowledge and understanding of the seven subject areas in the curriculum and Assessment for Learning pedagogy
- Evidence of excellent classroom practice
- Excellent understanding of effective and engaging teaching methods
- Highly motivated and willing to continue learning
- Resilient and responds well to challenges
- Have high expectations for all young people including a commitment to ensuring that they can achieve their full educational potential and to establishing fair, respectful, trusting, supportive and constructive relationships with them
- Full understanding of the use of assessment to inform planning
- Able to mark and record assessment outcomes in line with the whole school and departmental policies
- Plan lessons with clear objectives to ensure progression for all students
- Adapt schemes of learning to suit the needs of students and groups of students
- Enthusiasm, drive and a love for the job
- Clear vision and an innovative approach to learning & teaching
- A commitment to developing out-of-school hours activities to enhance progress, enrichment, enjoyment and attainment in your subjects
- Willingness to work with the school boarding section
Method of Application
Closing date: Monday 24th October 2022
Due to Educore Services’ commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, applicants must be willing to undergo child.