Wellbeing Health Worker x5 at Innovations for Poverty Action, Zambia
- Company: Innovations for Poverty Action, Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Part-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Zambia
POSITION: Well-being Health Worker (x5)
DEADLINE: September 16th, 2022
DURATION: 3 Months
START DATE: ASAP
ELIGIBILITY: Local hire only
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a non-profit organization that creates and evaluates solutions to social and development problems and works to scale up successful ideas through implementation and dissemination to policy makers, practitioners, investors, and donors.
IPA is seeking highly motivated individuals with outstanding data collection, people management, and communication skills as a Well-being Health worker to participate in a research study to improve women’s mental health.
The individual will be responsible for collecting data by using various data collection methods. He/she has direct contact with participants and has a significant bearing on the quality of data collected and ultimately on the quality of data output. Below is a list of some of the general duties and responsibilities of the individual, to be carried out as needed according to the determination of the Field Manager.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Participate in required training to deliver the Expanded for Moms-Problem Management + program. The training, provided by clinical experts, involves learning how to deliver a psycho-social intervention to women with depression or anxiety.
- Screen potential participants through phone interviews and present the program to them.
- Deliver the psycho-social intervention to women with mild to moderate symptoms of depression and anxiety.
- Participate in weekly supervision calls
- Keep an updated tracking of tasks and research activities
- Work with research staff to follow up with intervention patients
- Maintain a caseload of 10-15 participants at a time
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 1 year of college education completed (certificate/diploma), a degree is an added advantage
- Education or experience in Mental well-being-related fields is an added advantage
- Self-starter with excellent communication skills
- Bilingual English/Nyanja, English/Tonga, English/Bemba
- Ability to work well as a member of a team
- Interest in working with people with mental health symptoms
- Willingness to learn new methodologies of work and technology
- Attention to detail, punctuality, professionalism
- Good listening and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Female Candidates are encouraged to apply
Method of Application
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Well-being Health Worker, IPA Zambia. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA Zambia will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA Zambia.