Water and Sanitation Technician Assistant at Living Water International Zambia Country Office
- Company: Living Water International Zambia Country Office
- Location: Zambia
- State: Chipata
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Zambia
Living Water International (LWI)
Living Water International (LWI) is a global Non-Governmental Organization that exists to demonstrate the love of God by helping communities acquire desperately needed clean water, and experience “living water” (the gospel of Jesus Christ) which alone satisfies the deepest thirst. Living Water provides safe drinking water, Christian Witness, Sanitation and Hygiene Education to communities across Africa. A vacancy exists in the Zambia Country Office for the position of Water and Sanitation Technician Assistant to be based in Chipata:
Position Title: WASH Techinician Assistant
Reporting to: WASH Technician
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the WASH Technician, the WASH Technician Assistant will be responsible for the coordination and construction of community water and sanitation projects through close work with all stakeholders, including community members, staff and LWI teams. Ensure community members are trained in O&M of water systems and have the capacity to sustain the systems.
- Work with community members to ensure there is perimeter fencing around all water systems.
- Comply with well maintenance visits in accordance with the country office plan,
- Coordinate and perform field visits to follow up requests for maintenance by communities
- Support the W&S Technician in meetings, providing requested field information/data/drawings as needed.
- Work with the hygiene and sanitation facilitator in community H&S programs in order to reinforce the knowledge and care of the water pump
- Support the W&S Technician in the purchase of spare parts necessary to comply with the community visit plans.
- Ensure proper use of safety equipment, such as gloves, helmets, earplugs, and all necessary safety implements in the field.
- Provide regular reports to the W&S Technician, and input LWIS data in an accurate and timely manner.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- MUST be a committed Christian with personal relationship with Christ Jesus.
- Grade 12 Certificate.
- Diploma in Technical studies or water systems.
- 2 or more years of knowledge and experience in water pump maintenance.
Competencies and other Skills
- Knowledge of water operations, requirements, risk factors and safety involved in operating processes
- Familiar with community water systems Ability to install, test and maintain water pumps.
- Ability to use Microsoft office.
- Knowledge of water quality tests
- Ability to communicate in a given local language in the community
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates should send their application letter with not more than four paged detailed updated Curriculum Vitae to:
The Human Resources Manager
Living Water International
Postnet 414, P/BE E10
Plot No. 50, Mwambula Crescent
- Do not send copies of your qualifications at this stage.
- Submit applications to [email protected] or hand delivered to Living Water International Offices situated at Plot 50, Mwambula Crescent, Jesmondine, Lusaka.
- The deadline for receipt of application letters is 2nd September, 2022 at 17: 00 hours, Zambian time.
- LWI in Zambia is an equal opportunity employer, and therefore qualified females are encouraged to apply.
- All documents submitted will not be returned and are subject to authenticity and background checks.
- A recommendation from your local pastor / church leader will be an added advantage.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
- ONLY Applicants that STRICTLY meet the qualifications and person specifications should apply.
- You are free to visit the website: www.water.cc for more information about the activities of Living Water International.