Warehouse Supervisor at BIA Group
- Company: BIA Group
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lumwana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Zambia
BIA Group is active in the sales, rentals and after-sales services of equipment intended for public works, mines, quarries and transport. The Group operates in Europe (Belgium, Holland and Luxembourg) and in more than 20 African countries and employs more than 1.300 people, including more than 850 engineers and technicians.
With a team of Parts Sales & Procurement Admin Officers, ensure the operational execution of the overall purchasing process linked to specific vendors/suppliers as well as the sales administration of internal customers.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Supervise the team and assists in daily warehouse activities.
- Ensuring accuracy of shipments and supporting documentation.
- Receiving incoming material and routing to appropriate location.
- Ensuring inventory transactions are accurately logged and overseeing perpetual counts and reconciliation activities.
- Measuring and reporting the effectiveness of the warehouse activities.
- Developing and maintaining departmental work instructions for all tasks.
- Establishing or adjusting work procedures to meet warehouse demands as dictated by work flow.
- Interpreting company policies to workers and enforcing safety regulations.
- Recommending measures to improve quality of service, increasing efficiency of department and work crew and equipment performance.
- Ensure proper storage of goods in the warehouse.
- Exit/Issue parts/components from the warehouse upon receiving of signed authorisation documents
- Resolve all the short deliveries and report them to the head of department within 24hrs
- Ensure weekly reconciliations are submitted to the customer timeously and PODS sent to sales team for timeous invoicing
Who are we looking for?
- Knowledge of SAP
- Knowledge of advanced Excel
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supply or equivalent by experience;
- 3-5 years’ experience in similar position;
- Good knowledge of Incoterms;
- Knowledge of Stores management and controls
- Good knowledge of MS Office;
- Rigor, honesty and precision.
- Autonomy and practicality;
- Good structure/organization of labor, management of priorities;
- Entrepreneurial initiatives, ability to work in a team;
- Customer orientation;
- Languages: English. Any other language is a plus.
What’s in it for you?
- A permanent contract
- A competitive salary and an interesting package of extra-legal benefits
- A human sized company with international dimension, encouraging autonomy and team spirit
- Cooperate in a team with experienced and passionate colleagues within a successfully growing family-owned company
- Benefit from a challenging career opportunity with an extensive training program
- In this challenging job you get the possibility to take initiative and further develop the function