Transport & Logistics Assistant x7 at John Snow Health Zambia Limited
- Company: John Snow Health Zambia Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: John Snow Inc. (JSI) Jobs in Zambia - Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Zambia
John Snow Health Zambia Limited (JSH) – USAID Controlling HIV Epidemic for Key and Underserved Populations (CHEKUPII) Activity.
John Snow Health Zambia Limited (JSH), is a public health company that offers a full range of services, implementing public health interventions to improve individuals and communities’ health in Zambia and the region. As a Company JSH is committed to working with governments, non- governmental entities, the private sector, civil society, and communities to improve the provision of public health services.
JSH is implementing the USAID Controlling HIV Epidemic for Key and Underserved Populations (CHEKUPII) Activity which was awarded on September 13, 2022, with implementation through September 6, 2027. The Activity aims to support the Ministry of Health in mitigating against and attaining HIV epidemic control by increasing equitable access to, and use of person-centered, community-driven, and high-quality HIV prevention services for key and underserved (priority) populations. USAID CHEKUP II Activity operates in seven districts with the highest HIV-burden in Zambia. USAID CHEKUP II Activity seeks dynamic and highly experienced candidates to fill the following vacant position;
Position: Transport & Logistics Assistants
Location: Lusaka (1 Position), Kabwe (1 Position) Kapiri Mposhi (1) Position, Nakonde (2 Positions), Kasama (2 Positions)
Duration: Fixed – Term
Reports to: Finance and Administrative Assistant dotted line Senior Transport and Logistics Assistant
1. Roles Purpose:
JSH seeks reliable and highly experienced candidates for the position of Transport & Logistics Assistant/Driver to be based in Lusaka, Kasama, Kapiri Mposhi, Kabwe, Nakonde. S/he will work closely with the Finance and Administration team and will be responsible for driving, maintaining project vehicles and providing financial, programmatic and administrative clerical support as needed. The TLA will report to the Senior Transport Logistics Assistant.
2. Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Drive and maintain project vehicles – (i.e. take the vehicles in for maintenance and repair when needed), and ensure the safety of the vehicle and passengers. Carry out different inspections of the vehicle before driving such as checking coolant, oils and other fluids.
- Responsible for handling monies and documenting expenditures to support technical activities in the field including, processing of mobile money documentation, payment of participants, lodging and other arrangements.
- Maintain vehicle cleanliness and ensure that servicing schedules and reporting of any maintenance needs are done on a timely basis.
- Ensure that vehicle mileage is indicated on the front of every fuel receipt and receipts should be submitted appropriately.
- Maintain vehicle log books daily by noting date, destination, departure and arrival times and submit reports as requested by the Senior Transport Logistics Assistant.
- Drive CHEKUP II staff members and consultants to sites as needed and deliver documents to various locations as directed by project staff.
- Provide administrative assistance support to the technical and administration teams vis-à-vis photocopying, scanning, faxing, front office duties and other tasks as directed by the Senior Transport Logistics Assistant
- Perform other administrative tasks on behalf of the project including but not limited to: purchasing, collecting goods, documents or mails, making administrative arrangements and handling payments (if needed);
- Act as a representative of the project, at all times being responsive and providing courteous support to visitors, clients and partners.
- Provide off-hours transport support, including weekend pickup and drop-off of CHEKUP II project and consultant staff as needed.
- Support CHEKUP II implementation team as needed on site.
- Implement and adhere to JSH’s transport policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Transport Logistics Assistant and other senior staff.
3. Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Behaviors:
- Minimum grade 12 Certificate; related additional qualifications a plus;
- Valid SADC license with at least 5 years of experience driving and maintaining vehicles and logbooks.
- Experience with donor-funded projects is preferred;
- Experience with basic financial clerical duties.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate basic office equipment such as computers, scanners, copiers, and fax machines;
- English speaking and writing skills.
- Ability to take initiative, good interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams.
- Experience working with an NGO preferred.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 23rd November, 2023.