Technician / Mechanic at RDO Equipment Africa
- Company: RDO Equipment Africa
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kabwe
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
To diagnose, adjust, check, repair, and maintenance of Tractors, Combines, vehicles, Overhaul, and troubleshooting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reassemble machine and equipment following repair, testing and making adjustments as necessary.
- Repair defective engines or engine components and service machines to maintain functionality.
- Dismantle defective machines for repair using hand tools.
- Clean equipment parts or tools to repair or maintain in good working order.
- Keep the working environment clean.
- Inspect tractors, Combines or vehicle engines and mechanical components to diagnose issue accurately.
- Conducting routine maintenance work (replace fluid, lubricating parts) aiming to machine functionality.
- Repair or replace broken or dysfunctional parts and fix issue (e.g leaks).
- Documented daily equipment inspections and submitted daily inspection forms to supervisors.
- Any duties assigned by Management.
Health and Safety
- Regularly assess activities conducted, to identify any significant hazards.
- Put an action plan in place in order to control hazards.
- Record all actions taken.
- Record all injuries events and / or near misses.
- Ensure protective Clothing and safety equipment provided is worn at all time during working hours as appropriate to your current working situation and is in good order.
- Notify Service Foreman / Manager of any accident and/or near misses you, or other in your working area.
- Adhere to all company health and safety policies.
Qualifications and Experience
Diploma / Craft certificate as Minimum entry.
Two years of Experience in Mechanics
Certificate in Heavy Equipment Machines or Agriculture Equipment
Knowledgeable in Hydraulic and Auto Mechanic
- Ability to work in pressured and deadline-driven operating environment.
- Ability to self-managed workload and work independently.
- Details-Oriented with the technical aptitude and ability to perform accurately and comprehensive.
- Result driven, bias for action and passion excellence.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationship with external customers, management, and all level of associates.
- Team Player.
- Strong, conceptual, and problem-solving skills.
Method of ApplicationJob Application Procedures – Only those who will meet our qualifications must apply and will be contacted. You can send your Curriculum Vitae (CV) to [email protected].
Closing date for the applications is on 28th September 2023.