Team Leader With International Profile For Innovative TVET In Water And Energy Sectors at NIRAS
- Company: NIRAS
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
NIRAS International Consulting (NIC) is participating in a tender in Zambia under the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) implemented “Thriving through innovative vocational education in the water and energy sectors (THRIVE)” Project.
We, therefore, seek to find a Team Leader for the consultancy services in technical and vocational education and training (TEVET) in the water- and solar energy sector.
The level of effort is around 80%.
The opportunity is at the tendering stage in the GIZ tender process.
About the project:
Commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the GIZ is implementing a new Technical Cooperation (TC) Project “Thriving through innovative vocational education in the water and energy sectors (THRIVE)” in Zambia. The THRIVE project is part of the “Water in Zambia”, a German Development Cooperation (GDC) Programme whose aim is integrated management of Zambia’s water resources and improved access to safe drinking water and adequate sanitation.
The overall objective of the THRIVE Project is the labour market orientation of technical vocational education and training in the water and solar energy sectors is increased for young people. The THRIVE Project supports vocational training institutions (VTI) through labour market-oriented training and in-service training in the solar energy and water sector in cooperation with public and private companies. Through the improvement of competencies of skilled workers, the project creates significant preconditions to the introduction of solar powered electricity supply systems as well as for the sustainability of sanitation and water supply, thereby, contributing to the impact logic of the GDC programme.
Tasks of the Team Leader:
Based in the project office with TEVETA in Lusaka with regular visits to partner VTIs in Lusaka as well as in Southern- and Luapula Province, the Team Leader will have the following tasks:
– Overall responsibility for the advisory package of the Contractor as outlined above
– Coordination and collaboration with GIZ project team (in particular GIZ-AV) and other development partners
– Ensuring the coherence and complementarity of the services of the Contractor with other services delivered by the programme at local and national level, in close coordination with the GIZ-AV
– Establishing cooperation with partner VTIs, ensuring companies’ and vocational training institutions’ engagement throughout the project cycle
– Coordination of activities and interventions with all parties concerned, in particular with TEVETA and development partners involved in TEVET activities
– Personnel management, in particular long-term advisors assigned to partner VTIs, identification of short-term assignments within the available budget, planning and steering of assignments and supporting local and international short-term experts
– Advisory services at management level of partner VTIs, incl. organizational issues, strategic planning, financing and marketing
– Assume overall responsibility in the preparation and implementation of local subsidies for partner VTIs and TEVETA related to the design of training materials etc.
– Assume overall responsibility in the specification of training equipment and tools for partner VTIs, including procurement support to GIZ country office and support during installation and handing over
– Responsible for reporting in accordance with deadlines and quality standards (incl. reporting of short-term consultants) and for results-based monitoring
– Supporting the GIZ-AV in updating/adapting the project strategy and work plan.
– Education/training: Master’s degree in social sciences, economics, educational science, engineering, water and/or environmental management or dual TEVET degree in technical field.
– Languages: Proficient language skills in English (level C1 according to Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
Professional experience required:
– General professional experience: 12 years of professional experience in the TEVET sector, thereof 5 years craft level technical training and management consulting for TEVET institutions
– Specific professional experience: 6 years of professional experience in capacity building of TEVET institutions, thereof 2 years promotion of employment related dialogue between the private sector and vocational training institutions
– Leadership/management experience: 5 years of management/leadership experience as project team leader or manager in a company with leadership function for personnel – Regional experience: 3 years of work experience in Eastern and/or Southern African region – Development cooperation (DC) experience: 5 years of experience working on DC projects
– Other: 2 assignments with gender-related measures in the past 3 years Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 31st January, 2023.