Strategic Information Coordinator x7 at John Snow Health Zambia Limited
- Company: John Snow Health Zambia Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia - John Snow Inc. (JSI) Jobs in Zambia
John Snow Health Zambia Limited (JSH)
USAID Controlling HIV Epidemic for Key and Underserved Populations (CHEKUP II) Activity
Job Title: Strategic Information Coordinators (7 Positions)
Department/Unit: Strategic Information
Location: Lusaka, Chirundu, Kabwe, Kapiri Mposhi, Kasama, Nakonde and Chipata
Reports to: District Manager
The USAID Controlling HIV Epidemic for Key and Underserved Populations (CHEKUP II) Activity is a five-year project to address the needs of people living with HIV (PLHIV) and those most at risk of acquiring HIV and contribute to HIV mitigation and epidemic control, improving the health outcomes of priority populations in the highest HIV-burden provinces of Zambia. USAID CHEKUP II is implemented by John Snow Health Zambia (JSH).
JSH seeks reliable and highly experienced candidates for the position of Strategic Information Coordinator to be based in each of the above-mentioned districts. S/he will work closely will work closely with the district teams, Strategic Information Advisors, and site-level teams to ensure that the appropriate M&E processes, tools and activities are implemented; that accurate good quality data is available at district level and site levels; and that data dissemination and use is practiced at the regional level for decision making.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide day to day M&E support/mentorship to USAID CHEKUP II district service provider’s site level SI staff on indicators, data sources and data collection processes.
- Ensure all data related to service provision and program activities in the district are collected regularly and submitted as required;
- Assist the SI officers in the region in data collection, data entry & verification, and data analysis as required;
- Assist in the data analysis and preparation of required reports at the district level;
- Share district-specific data with district and HQ management team and assist in conducting periodic data review meetings for monitoring purposes and decision making;
- Actively participate in and facilitate the intra-departmental plan to mentor and upskill the SI officers within the district;
- Collaborate with district treatment partners staff to ensure linkage data is accessible and verifiable
- Any other task assigned by the district manager or by the Strategic Information Advisors or Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree in demography, public health, social and economic development, public administration, international health or related fields with at least 5 years’ experience in Monitoring and Evaluation of USAID funded or HIV/AIDS projects.
- At least five years of experience in data management (with preference of specialist level);
- In-depth working knowledge of USAID/ PEPFAR DREAMS and/or Key Population indicators and program reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated work experience in data management—including advanced knowledge of DHIS2 and SMARTCARE— and management information systems;
- Demonstrated experience with DHIS2 and other Health Management Information Systems and electronic medical records system.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret datasets; prepare data summaries and present results for data review activities;
- Previous experience in coaching or mentoring junior staff;
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint;
- Ability to travel frequently to provide technical support to the USAID CHEKUP II and sites within the district.
Supervision and Reporting:
The Strategic Information Coordinator will work under the guidance and supervision of the District Manager and the Strategic Information Advisors.
Method of ApplicationTo apply please complete the application form available HERE. Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information via the application form
Please note that you do not need to apply if you do not meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted.
Closing Date: 24th October 2022
Please note that you do not need to apply if you don’t meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted.
John Snow Health Zambia, Limited is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.