Site Foreman/ Supervisor at Epiroc
- Company: Epiroc
- Location: Zambia
- State: Copperbelt
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Construction/Real Estate Jobs in Zambia
- Functional area:Service
- Company name:Epiroc Zambia Limited
- Date of Posting:September 8, 2022
- Last date to apply:September 21, 2022
Position : Site Foreman/ Supervisor
Department : RDT
Supervisor : Reports to CPM Contract Manager
The mission of Site Foreman is to develop and maintain CPM contract by maximizing the life of tools, availability of tools to supply to drill machines and servicing the rock drilling including hammer repair and button bits grinding.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervising workshop activities including hammer repairs and bit sharpening.
- Planning stock required to support contract without shortage at site all the time.
- Supervising hammer repair, bit sharpening and warehouse team for better performance.
- Monitoring drilling performance for the purposes of reducing abuses of drilling consumables such as drill bits, hammers, drill pipes/rods, shank adaptors and accessories.
- Controlling the consumption and issuance of drilling consumables
- Compiling and submitting number of meters drilled and consumable reports to Contract Manager.
- Ensure the recommended parameters on the drills are adhered to and make records of such in reports. Ensure that any deviations are reported to Maintenance team in order to minimize RDT abuses
- Calculation of total consumption and meters done by each component of RDT.
- Doing discard analysis for each rock drilling tools and report to Contract Manager and factory technical team when necessary for product development purposes.
- Handle all warrant claims for all prematurely failure products.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
- Develop a strong and competent RDT team on site.
Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality requirements
- Ensures implementation and maintenance of the SHEQ Management Systems in the department
- You are to maintain the following levels of safe practice in your department:
- Fatal Injuries – 0
- Lost Time Injuries (LTIs) – 0
- Property damage – 0
- Conducts monthly SHEQ meeting
- Ensures the SHEQ representative conducts daily SHEQ talks and monthly SHEQ inspections.
- Ensures own safety and that of others.
- Ensures compliance to legal requirements.
Ensures customer requirements are satisfied/met.
Requirements (Education and experience)
- Degree in Mechanical/Mining Engineering or equivalent through experience.
Key knowledge, attributes, skills and abilities
- Strong in Mining, drill and blasting, rock drilling tools knowledge.
- Mechanical knowledge of drill rig machines will be an added advantage.
- Ability in managing Artisans is essential
- Good planning, supervisory and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and show a strong sense of urgency.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 21st September , 2022.