Senior Site Supervisor – QCT at Orica
- Company: Orica
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kansanshi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
At Orica, it’s the power of our people that leads change and shapes our futures. Every day, all around the world, our people help mobilise vital resources essential to progress. Established in 1874, we have grown to become the world leader in mining and civil blasting with a diverse of team of more than 13,000 across the world.
It’s an exciting time to join us – we are shaping the future of mining through digital and automated technologies, embracing new ways of thinking, pioneering innovation and reimagining the way we work.
About The Role
We are currently seeking a well-rounded Senior Site Supervisor to work at our client site in Kansanshi Site in Zambia. This role will be reporting to the Territory Manager for Zambia.
The primary purpose of this critical role is to supervises on site TLS/DTH Orica teams, plant and ancillary equipment in accordance with the service level agreement, corporate and regulatory standards and supervises the implementation of the Orica SHES requirements, as well as complete adoption of CHECKPOINT, and Quality programs.
What You Will Be Doing
- Providing analytical decision support to Sprint Lead on continuous improvement plan for decreasing operational costs;
- Participating in the short, medium, and long-term planning activities of the site;
- Assisting in preparation of fixed cost budgets, capital expenditures, staffing, equipment requirements, and a updated Resource Model;
- Completing mandatory monthly inventory counts and reconciliations, safety meetings, annual Letter of Assurance and ensures all actions assigned to the Site are completed required databases;
- Auditing and inspecting site operations to ensure regulatory requirements are met and are performed safely in accordance company policies;
- Ensuring mandatory training of all employees is completed and documented;
- Developing, motivating and supervising employees to reach their full potential while safely providing customer service;
- Scheduling daily activities of employees to meet customer requirements and ensure proper management of site including raw material ordering, and preventative maintenance;
- Communicating, developing and implementing action plan to address any operational issues with Sprint Lead. Effectively communicates and manages all outside regulatory agency audits/inspections and implement necessary action plans as required.
What You Will Bring
- Tertiary degree in an Engineering discipline
- Minimum 8 years’ experience post professional qualification, including 5 years of direct people management experience;
- Proven ability to lead a team, including building a collaborative approach in the development of the direction and operations of the workstream;
- Proven influencer, able to manage processes across multiple stakeholder groups;
- Experience in implementing process improvement initiatives would be desirable;
- Demonstrated skills associated with building strong vendor &/or customer relationships;
- Financial acumen & budgeting experience.
What We Offer
As part of a truly global company, you will have the ability to grow and learn in a diverse, collaborative culture. We foster relationships and learning through connected global and local teams, promote flexible and diverse career paths and support the development of your knowledge and skills.
You will be paid a competitive salary, learn from talented individuals across multiple disciplines and be able to thrive in a safe workplace within a collaborative culture. Ignite your career at a place where your distinct potential can find its home.
We respect and value all
Orica promotes and fosters a culture of inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment everywhere we operate. We treat our people and applicants with fairness, dignity, and respect, getting the best of everyone’s contributions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, nationality, age, military or veteran, marital or disability status.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th September , 2022.