Senior National And International Short-Term Experts For Innovative TVET In Zambia at NIRAS
- Company: NIRAS
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
NIRAS International Consulting (NIC) is participating in a tender in Zambia under the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) implemented “Thriving through innovative vocational education in the water and energy sectors (THRIVE)” Project in Zambia.
We, therefore, seek to find a pool of Senior national and international short-term experts for the consultancy services in technical and vocational education and training (TEVET) in the water- and solar energy sector.
The opportunity is at the tendering stage in the GIZ tender process.
About the project:
Commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the GIZ is implementing a new Technical Cooperation (TC) Project “Thriving through innovative vocational education in the water and energy sectors (THRIVE)” in Zambia. The THRIVE project is part of the “Water in Zambia”, a German Development Cooperation (GDC) Programme whose aim is integrated management of Zambia’s water resources and improved access to safe drinking water and adequate sanitation.
The overall objective of the THRIVE Project is the labour market orientation of technical vocational education and training in the water and solar energy sectors is increased for young people. The THRIVE Project supports vocational training institutions (VTI) through labour market-oriented training and in-service training in the solar energy and water sector in cooperation with public and private companies. Through the improvement of competencies of skilled workers, the project creates significant preconditions to the introduction of solar powered electricity supply systems as well as for the sustainability of sanitation and water supply, thereby, contributing to the impact logic of the GDC programme.
Tasks of the Senior national short-term experts:
With assignments in partner VTIs in Lusaka, Luapula and Southern Province and with TEVET stakeholders in Lusaka to supplement the expertise of Key Experts in performing their tasks, the Senior national short-term experts will have the following tasks:
1. Design and review of curricula and materials for training courses
– curricula for craft level training courses incl. practical industry training and integration of solar energy in electrician course
– curricula and/or development of additional curricula for short training courses in the water and energy sector
2. Training of trainers
– development of training of trainer manuals, incl. practical industry training components
– preparation and implementation of training of trainer courses for the qualification of VTI teachers for the above courses
– training of staff from private / public companies in practical industry training components
3. Organizational development of partner VTIs
– development / updating of strategic and/or business plans of partner VTIs
– qualification of administrative and management personnel of partner VTIs in performing their tasks according to recognized procedures and standards
– support in development of digital tracing system for TEVET graduates
– support in gender specific interventions and action plans
4. Cooperation with industry
– facilitation of enhanced collaboration between VTIs and private / public companies with regard to practical training components
5. Assist in procurement of training equipment and tools for training courses
– review inventory of existing training materials and equipment for the courses and list of additional materials and equipment required for procurement through GIZ
– compile and/or review specifications for procurement of training equipment and tools through GIZ
University degree in a relevant field. Proficient language skills in English (level C1 according to Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) and for the national experts, also in one local language: Bemba and/or Nyanja and/or Tonga. 10 years of relevant professional experience in the area of TEVET (curricula and training design, ToT, organisational development of training institutions, procurement of equipment, cooperation with industry) For the international experts: 6 years of work experience in Zambia and each 2 years in the east and/or south African region (outside of Zambia); for the national experts: 3 short-term assignments in east and/or south African region in the past 3 years. 3 years of experience in development cooperation projects
Professional experience required:
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 31st January, 2023.