Sandblaster at First Quantum Minerals Ltd (FQM)
- Company: First Quantum Minerals Ltd (FQM)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kalumbila
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Construction/Real Estate Jobs in Zambia
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Overall Job Purpose
- Handle the activities of Sandblasting works in the process plant and the workshop in order to provide support services to the Sentinel Mines operations.
- This will involve maximizing the utilization of the resources to achieve cost savings, continuous improvement initiatives, and utilization of synergies throughout the area.
- This role will carry out the activities of Sandblasting works to ensure appropriate levels of safety and productivity are maintained in order to meet safety, cost and production targets.
Specific Job Responsibility
- Instilling a culture of continuous improvement as opposed to maintaining status quo
- Help in plant shutdown jobs and workshop jobs.
- Continue improving in safety performance throughout the workforce.
- The position will be expected to positively impact and contribute to the performance of the company through individual activity.
- To maintain equipment and infrastructure integrity for the all mine site through sandblasting activities.
- To carry out sandblasting works required in all sections of the mine site.
Job Specific Competencies
- Ability to show initiative and have good interpersonal skills.
- Capability of making timely, rational decisions with professional approach.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Safety awareness.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
Commitment to reach or exceed maintenance, operational and safety goals
Key Job Attributes
- Capability of making timely, rational decisions.
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills in English.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Highly motivated & self-driven
- Able to work under minimum supervision.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
Experience required to perform in this job
- Minimum of 2 – 5 years’ experience in a maintenance role covering various sandblasting works.
- Experience in high output workshops with a high aptitude in the Sandblasting & Painting initiatives required of today’s mining industry
- Ability to sandblast different shape items (steel structures, cones, pipes, sump boxes, chutes, hoppers, launder, dump body, crusher bowls, tanks, mantles etc).
- Familiar with all appropriate sandblasting safety procedures and equipment safety checks.
- Hands on skills and experience with large multi skill operations both sandblasting & painting being undertaken simultaneously within tight time restrictions exposure would be an advantage.
- Demonstrable experience with fixed and mobile plant equipment will be an advantage.
- A minimum of the appropriate certification in Sandblasting works.
- Minimum of grade 12 certificate.
- Relevant support documents indicating competence in sandblasting field
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 27th April, 2023.