Roving Pharmacists x8 at John Snow Inc.
- Company: John Snow Inc.
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Zambia - John Snow Inc. (JSI) Jobs in Zambia
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks highly qualified and accomplished public health leaders and providers for the recently awarded United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/PEPFAR-funded Supporting an AIDS-Free Era (SAFE) Project in Zambia. The five-year project which will be led by JSI in partnership with Abt Associates, mothers2mothers, and the Catholic Medical Mission Board, will work to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission, while improving nutrition outcomes and family planning integration in three provinces: Central, Copperbelt, and North-Western. USAID/PEPFAR SAFE will work with the GRZ, private sector and civil society institutions at the national, provincial, and district level to increase access to ART for HIV positive adults and children, reduce the incidence of new infections, improve Nutritional Assessment, Counseling and Services (NACS) and family planning services, and increase the capacity of local health institutions to better serve affected populations.
Position Title: Roving Pharmacist 8
Position Type: Fixed Term
Location: Central Province:
- The Roving Pharmacist will provide pharmaceutical services within SAFE supported sites and perform standard logistics/ supply chain data processes and activities at health facility level to enable effective availability of health commodities.
- Closely work with the Pharmaceutical and laboratory Units at DHOs and the USAID SAFE Provincial Supply Chain Coordinator to ensure that there is steady supply of medical, pharmaceutical and laboratory supplies in SAFE supported facilities;
- Participates in ARVs, Essential Medicines and other HIV related pharmaceutical supplies’ forecasting and quantification at District level;
- Develop and spearhead the enforcement of standard operation procedures on the management of Medical, Pharmaceutical and Laboratory products in all SAFE supported facilities;
- Leads pharmaco-vigilance services among ART beneficiaries in all SAFE supported facilities and communities in order to achieve desired treatment outcomes;
- Provide technical support to Pharmacy Technologists, Counselors and Lay Counselors on usage of logistics tools (DARs, log books, stock control cards – both paper based and electronic tools) to ensure efficient use of HIV test kits and accountability for each test used;
- From time to time conduct supply chain audit inspections and provide technical support services in all SAFE supported facilities in order to ensure that there is accountability in the supply chain management of Medical, Pharmaceuticals and Laboratory commodities;
- Review HIV-related commodities logistics management information system (LMIS) data to identify trends in consumption and inventory management in the district;
- Ensures that data between clinics and pharmacies on the use of ARVs and other drugs are synchronized;
- Plan for buffer stock to take care of shortages in medical, pharmaceutical and laboratory supplies including HIV test kits and selected essential drugs at District level;
- Ensure that mobile ART service teams are well stocked and that teams properly store the ART commodities and accurately documents usage/dispensation;
- Work closely with the MOH and the USAID SAFE Provincial Supply Chain Coordinator in ensuring that the lab and pharmacy teams are fully equipped with the necessary logistics tools and knowledge to conduct their work;
- Provide technical guidance to SAFE supported health facilities on the transition from Tenofovir Lamivudine Efavirenz (TLE) to Tenofovir Lamivudine Dolutegravir (TLD).
- Work with MOH staff in reviewing set targets against monthly commodity consumption and guide clinicians on the TLD transition process and initiation of Tuberculosis Preventive Therapy (TPT).
- Provide technical assistance to ensure supply chain and clinical activities for strategic initiatives such as targeted testing and multi- month dispensing of ARVs are harmonized and monitored in SAFE supported facilities
- Facilitate timely distribution and redistribution of HIV Test Kits, ARVs and Medical supplies to ensure commodity security in all SAFE supported health facilities
- Work with the facility teams to establish weekly and monthly reporting tools and identify potential supply chain gaps early and develop responses to mitigate impact on service delivery.
- Compile weekly and monthly logistical data and make timely submission to the Provincial Supply Chain Coordinator for decision making.
- Provide supervision to Pharmacy Staff and verify that USAID regulations, roles and responsibilities and pharmaceutical product quality management best practices are enforced consistently
- Perform any other related duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications and other Desired Requirements:
- Degree in Pharmacy
- Experience and knowledge of HIV Tests, ARVs and Essential Medicines Logistics management.
- Experience and knowledge of eLMIS is desired.
- Registration with the Health Professions Council of Zambia and a valid practicing Licence
- Previous public-sector experience preferably within HIV/AIDS field
- Excellent written and verbal English skills are required;
- Ability to plan, coordinate and manage multiple activities and adjust to changing priorities
- Excellent analytical skills
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Windows, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint and other related softwares.
Method of ApplicationTo apply for this job email your details to [email protected]
Closing Date : 16th September , 2022.