Provincial Manager at John Snow Health Zambia Limited
- Company: John Snow Health Zambia Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Livingstone
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia - John Snow Inc. (JSI) Jobs in Zambia
John Snow Health Zambia Limited
Position: Provincial Project Manager
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Livingstone-Southern Province
Reports to: Deputy Chief of Party, Clinical Services
The USAID Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM-Health) Activity is a five-year project to expand the availability and accessibility of high-quality health products and services in the private sector, improve health knowledge, and increase the adoption of healthy and health-seeking behaviors. The program will employ private sector approaches such as marketing, social franchising, and partnerships with for-profit entities to achieve these outcomes. USAID ZAM-Health is implemented by John Snow Health Zambia (JSH) in partnership with JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), Media 365 and PharmAccess.
The Provincial Project Manager will work together with the PHO to provide technical support and guidance to USAID ZAM-Health program activities at provincial level. He/she will provide strategic direction, technical leadership and supervision for strategic vision and work planning, coordination and monitoring of project activities in the province in order to strengthen provision of quality services and products in the private sector. The Provincial Project Manager will report to the Clinical Services Director.
Program Management & Development
- Provide strategic direction, leadership and overall technical support to the ZAM-Health project activities at regional/provincial level.
- Work together with the Ministry of Health at provincial level to provide technical assistance to the ZAM-Health supported facilities and sites.
- Ensure that the project supported facilities are utilizing current standard protocols, policies and guidelines as recommended by the Ministry of Health.
- Work in partnership with other project staff and program areas to support aspects of strategic direction and leadership of the ZAM-Health project.
- Ensure that the project implementation (HIV/TB/FP/MNCH/Cervical Cancer Screening as well as private sector engagement) is in alignment with donor and MoH requirements.
- Work closely with the ZAM-Health M&E team on data management (documentation, collection, analysis, reporting).
- Participate in project work planning, budgeting, and reporting.
- Participate and represent the ZAM-Health project during provincial and district integrated meetings (PIMs and DIMs).
- Work together with the MoH at provincial and district level and other ZAM-Health technical staff to provide oversight in capacity building to project supported facilities – planning for trainings, supportive supervision, and mentorship.
- Work together with the MoH to routinely monitor and strengthen the quality of service provision in HIV/TB, FP, MNCH, and Cervical Cancer Services in the private sector.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the Provincial partnerships and networks in line with Provincial priorities and in support of the effective delivery of HIV/ TB, Family Planning, MNCH, Cervical Cancer in the Private Sector.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- University degree in Medicine, Nursing, Clinical Medicine; preferably with a Master’s Degree in Public Health (MPH) or Project Management.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in provision of technical direction and support on a donor funded project.
- Experience with USAID and other donor’s desirable.
- Demonstrated strengths in project management, capacity building, and overall experience in project coordination.
- Experience working in partnership and coordination with the MoH and other stakeholders on various health programs (HIV/TB, FP/Reproductive Health, MNCH, and Cervical Cancer Screening) including private sector engagement.
- Proven experience with relationship building/stakeholder relationship management/team building skills.
- Experience in supportive supervision, mentorship, monitoring and evaluation at provincial level.
- Ability to work well both within a team and independently
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, experience with making presentations and report writing.
- Excellent computer skills, including competence in word processing, Excel, PowerPoint and internet/e-mail.
- Ability and willingness to travel as required and guided by the project work plan.
Method of ApplicationOnly candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date: 21st September, 2022 John Snow Health Zambia, Limited is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.