Project Manager (Location: Sesheke) at Peace Parks Foundation
- Company: Peace Parks Foundation
- Location: Zambia
- State: Sesheke Airport
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
In the Kavango Zambezi (KAZA) TFCA, PPF’s conservation efforts primarily focus on the Western and Southern Provinces of Zambia. Through close collaboration with the government, traditional authorities, local communities, and other partners, PPF has successfully cultivated a robust portfolio of initiatives in this region such as the establishment and development of the Simalaha Community Conservancy (SCC), a critical conservation and community-focused initiative in the heart of KAZA and the development of the Sioma Ngwezi National Park. PPF is currently preparing to implement new programmes within the same area.
To carry out our conservation and development activities effectively, we use two primary modalities of intervention:
- Direct implementation by PPF and
- Integrated co-management agreements involving the establishment of Special Purpose Vehicles (SPVs): Under these agreements, we work in collaboration with local stakeholders to create SPVs. We provide support in terms of capacity building and facilitating efficient processes for the SPVs.
To ensure seamless coordination and support, PPF has decided to establish a regional support team in Western Zambia comprising four members. Based in Sesheke, strategically located at the heart of the landscape, the team acts as a vital link between PPF Headquarters and the various programmes on the ground. Their primary responsibility is to provide day-to-day support, guidance, and coordination, ensuring the smooth execution of projects throughout the region.
The PM has a key role in:
- Management of PPF regional support team based in Sesheke
- Direct management of operations implemented by PPF in the landscape
- Technical and project management backing to the SPV supported by PPF in the landscape
- Representation of PPF in Zambia and with KAZA, in support of PPF Regional Manager and PPF Senior Programme Manager.
- At least ten years of experience in the conservation sector in protected areas and CBNRM approaches
- A degree in natural sciences, project management or business management fields
- Skills in negotiating, excellent interpersonal communications and project
- management are essential
- Track record, ability and willingness to live and work in remote conditions are highly advantageous
- The Project Manager is expected to be an achiever who has already made a mark in the conservation or business management arena of Southern Africa and is expected to be a dynamic and innovative manager with good organising, public relations, project management and leadership skills
Demonstrated experience in the following field will be advantageous:
a) Planning and development of conservation areas;
b) Management of large Protected Area/s, including law enforcement and anti-poaching programmes, as well as large staff complements and budgets;
c) Working with rural communities in the field of governance, resource use and livelihood programmes and projects; d) Working with communal conservancies
e) Procurement and management of consultants and contractors;
f) Experience in management, liaison, monitoring and evaluation, compliance and reporting on large foreign donor programmes.
Specific key performance areas: Please find detailed terms of reference on the Peace Parks Foundation website: www.peaceparks.org
Remuneration: A competitive salary package will be negotiated, based on qualifications and experience.
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing their interest in and suitability for the position, as well as Curriculum Vitae in English, with contact details of three references by Friday, 15 September 2023, to: e-mail: [email protected]
Only SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES will be contacted to attend an interview.