Program Coordinators x3 at Healthy Learners
- Company: Healthy Learners
- Location: Zambia
- State: Chipata
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Healthy Learners is an award-winning non-profit organization committed to improving the health of children in Zambia and beyond. Healthy Learners is achieving this through our unique model of school-based community health by training teachers in community health care and making schools entry points into the public healthcare system. We currently serve over 400,000 students across Lusaka, Choma, Ndola and Kitwe, Kabwe and Solwezi, where we are working with the Zambian government to scale nationally. Visit: www.healthylearners.com
Healthy Learners is continuing to grow and expand in Zambia and is seeking to recruit the services of qualified professionals to fill the position of Program Coordinators. The successful candidate will be based in; Chipata, Masaiti and Chingola one in each town.
POSITION: PROGRAM COORDINATORS (3) – FULL TIME
LOCATIONS: CHIPATA, MASAITI & CHINGOLA
PURPOSE OF JOB
The Program Coordinator is responsible for overall coordination of Program activities in the district. He/she collaborates with the Program Officers and supports the Regional Manager to ensure activities are planned and executed efficiently and effectively. He/she owns the day-to-day programs activity calendar and associated planning tools and supports the Program Team to implement activities, and is the primary focal point person for planning stakeholder meetings. He/she is responsible for ensuring that financial and narrative reports are completed and submitted on time. He/she will also be responsible for ensuring that quality improvement activities are implemented throughout the district.
The ideal candidates will have proven experience coordinating community-based health or education programs, with significant focus on planning activities and providing technical support.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, monitor and implement work-plans, and budgets for the district.
- Oversee day-to-day activities within the district.
- Oversee implementation of quality assurance policies and procedures within the district.
- Lead the implementation of programmatic changes within the district.
- Complete periodic site visits to partner schools and health facilities and provide program staff with feedback to support improved activity implementation.
- Ensure that program-related changes are quickly identified, documented and resolved; ensure that program staff complete timely, efficient and effective follow-ups as needed.
- Manage the district office’s stock of materials and supplies for program activities.
- Ensure all program staff in the district office maintain positive and healthy working relationships with implementing partners and respond to their inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Lead engagement with district health and education partners in coordination with HQ staff,
- Lead coordination of stakeholder engagement activities and support program staff
- Set agendas for stakeholder meetings and mentorship visits in consultation with program staff.
- Monitor the day-to-day performance of the program officer/s and mentor/s
- Provide regular feedback, mentorship, and coaching to direct reports based on their Job Descriptions and departmental KPIs.
- Conduct annual performance reviews for all direct reports.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Ensure that all program activities are effectively documented, lesson learned are identified and shared, and that program data is being collected and analyzed consistently and correctly
- Co-lead district-level data review sessions for all program areas, identify challenges and make recommendations to improve program quality and efficiency
- Lead capability building documentation of all school health program activities and implementation of school level monitoring and evaluation processes.
Budgeting, Documentation and Reporting
- Lead monthly budgeting processes and prepare variance reports on budgets, materials, and activities
- Ensure key communication with partners and other stakeholders is documented
- Lead preparation of progress reports and ensure their timely submission to the Head Office.
- Lead program related MOU preparations and signing process with implementing partners.
- Ensure all necessary documentation is completed, organized and filed.
QUALIFICATION, COMPETENCES & SKILLS
- Degree in Social work, Public Health or Program or Project Management related field.
- Minimum, Four years or more of relevant work experience. NGO work experience is added advantage.
- Must have a valid driver’s license. Ability to ride Motor bike is an added advantage.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning, organisation and coordination skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to solve problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have strong work ethic and ability to work both independently and as a team
- Proficient computer skills in google, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
- Experience working on community health programs is a plus
- Experience with Monitoring and Evaluation is a plus
- Good understanding of the procurement process and negotiation skills
- Must speak fluent local language in the respective town they are applying for.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 4th October, 2022.