Professional Counsellor at Right to Care Zambia
- Company: Right to Care Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia - Right to Care Jobs in Zambia
Right to Care is at the vanguard in supporting and delivering prevention, care, and treatment services for HIV and associated diseases. We work with government and communities to find pioneering solutions to build and strengthening public healthcare.
We embrace a strong entrepreneurial culture and focuses on innovation and the use of technology to enhance services, address skills shortages, and deliver quality healthcare outcomes. Our areas of expertise include HIV and TB care and treatment, pharmacy automation, medical male circumcision, and cervical cancer diagnosis and treatment.
Right to Care Zambia has been awarded a five (5) year project funded by the USAID through the PEPFAR mechanism. The USAID – Action HIV project aims to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission by achieving the UNAIDS and PEPFAR goal of 95/95/95 HIV treatment coverage by providing comprehensive HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment maintenance services in Luapula, Northern and Muchinga provinces of Zambia. The USAID Action HIV project will work closely with and in support of the Ministry of Health.
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Diploma in Basic counselling or HIV/AIDS training.
- 3 years experiences
- Trained in HIV Counselling, testing and ART Adherence
- 2 years’ experience in counselling supervision
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Project Management/Public Health/communication
- Prior experience working in HIV Management/Control
- 5 years’ experience
- Health care service delivery background
TECHNICAL AND BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES
- Problem solving skills.
- Counselling skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Supervision skills (guiding, supporting)
- Good interpersonal skill
- Personal management skills
- HTS linkage Viral Load HVST
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Providing Pre- and Post-Counselling
- Plan HTS activities focused at achieving HTS indicators.
- Conducting health education to HIVAIDSTB patients
- Identifying problems and setting priorities with the patient
- Sharing and distribution of IEC materials both at facility and community.
- Case Finding- Devise interventions to find Men, Paediatrics and adolescents.
- Counselling of clients
- Risk Assessment and IPV screening
- Assist clients in making informed decisions.
- Presenting reports to multidisciplinary team for inputs
- Referral of patients to relevant departments and services such as GBV
- Entering into the daily register each patient counselled or educated i.e., their age, gender etc.
- Ensuring that all HTS registers are updated daily, and all backlog worked on immediately to the current date.
- Communicate the statistics to the Line manager by the 25th of each month.
- Compile and store regular reports relating to RTC – supported HIV service as required by RTC management.
Method of ApplicationApplications in the form of a cover letter and CV must be submitted to [email protected]
All applicants are required to complete an online competency assessment accessible using this link – https://my.assessio.com/right-to-care-professional-counsellor-x1_chalabesa
Only applicants that complete the two steps above will be considered.
May 18, 2023