Procurement Specialist (Mining) at Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy
- Company: Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy
- Location: Zambia
- State: Solwezi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Zambia
The Procurement Specialist will work closely with the CFO, GM and the other key stakeholders on all sourcing needs for the organisation and help to identify where aggregated spending might offer better value for money in line with the set regulations. Management of leases, contracts and agreements for services and goods. Take responsibility for the management of leases, contracts and agreements for services and goods
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Take the lead in analysing and calculating the costs of procurement and suggest methods to decrease expenditure.
- Work with the General Manager to oversee procurement processes, including review of purchase requisitions, request for quotations, supplier selection, negotiations, and purchase and delivery forms.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking
- Managing the company’s supply portfolio ensuring transparency of spending in line with the set guidelines
- Ensure proper housekeeping of physical and electronic files and project assets are accounted for and deployed as appropriate.
- Responsible for quality stock control, including proper storage and packaging of stock inventory
- Ensure at all times that Company procurement policies and procedures are adhered to by each member of staff attached to the Supply Chain department
- Develop and implement efficient sourcing and category management strategies
- Periodically train Procurement Officers on negotiation strategies and how to secure profitable deals/contracts.
- Optimize sourcing procedures to attain maximum efficiency
- Work with the GM and Senior Managers to cooperate with stakeholders to guarantee agreement on terms and processes
- Help Procurement Officers develop a strong database of trustworthy local, regional and international vendors and suppliers
- Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates in order to determine the best bid among potential suppliers.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Excellent Negotiating Skills
- Attention to detail
- Creative Thinker
- Sound business judgement
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Analytical Skills
- Ability to Sustain Networking Relationships
- Excellent writing skills.
Primary Areas of Accountability:
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Supply Chain Management or Related
- Must be familiar with local and international Supply Chain Dynamics
- Work experience of a minimum of 4-5 years in Supply Chain Management within a Mining and Engineering Environment
- Proven experience in Procurement Mining regulations, Policies and Rules governing Procurement activities
- Should be well vested with sourcing and vendor management and relevant software
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the Zambia Public Procurement Authority (ZPPA) regulations.
- Must be a member of ZIPS
Method of ApplicationIf you meet the minimum hiring requirements for the above position, please email your CV and Cover letter clearly stating your salary expectations to : [email protected] and Copy-in [email protected]
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 14 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful. DO NOT SEND CERTIFICATES AT THIS STAGE