Performance Management Advisor at Jhpiego
- Company: Jhpiego
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kasama
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Jhpiego is recruiting for the position of Performance Management Advisor
Jhpiego, an affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, builds global and local partnerships to enhance the quality of healthcare Jhpiego, an affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, builds global and local partnerships to enhance the quality of healthcare services for women and families around the world. Jhpiego is a global leader in the creation of innovative and effective approaches to developing human resources for health.
The Performance Management Advisor for MCGL is to provide technical assistance (TA) and analytical guidance across to the Ministry of Health (MOH) and the districts, health facilities and communities in two focus provinces in Zambia. With an up-to-date understanding of key health system performance issues, the Performance Management Advisor will contribute to efforts by the managers of Zambia’s public health system to support improvements based on quality assurance and improvement planning that leverages improved health management information systems (HMIS) in the delivery of RMNCAH services.
- Working in close collaboration with MOH counterparts, the Performance Management Advisor will serve as part of a multi-disciplinary MCGL technical assistance team to provide evidence-based timely inputs to coordinated efforts to improve the use of data from performance assessments (PAs) and service quality assessments (SQAs) to support improvements in RMNCAH services
- Support improvements to the biannual PA process to develop action plans that close performance gaps and to rationalize budgeting in the medium-term expenditure framework (MTEF) planning.
- In providing direct support to the development of annual medium-term expenditure framework (MTEF) annual plans, at the provincial and district levels, ensure that results from SQAs and PAs are integrated to form part of the evidence basis for priorities and anticipated activities.
- Support ongoing efforts to simplify the PA process through digitized modules.
- Reinforce the intended connections between SQAs and PAs and the technical supportive supervision (TSS) efforts which will require close collaboration with MOH counterparts and MCGL provincial team members to address relevant findings with coordinated actions.
- Support the creation of PA data visualization tools at the provincial, district and facility levels and support district health offices (DHO) to share SQAs across facilities to recognize high performance and motivate facility staff.
- Support the testing and rollout of web-based tools for performance assessments and SQAs to facilitate real-time data entry and visualization of results.
- Support improvements in district health information officer (DHIO) performance by analyzing efficiency task analysis matched to learning opportunities and monitoring support.
- Support DHIOs to conduct routine data verification activities in health facilities to identify bottlenecks and solutions and track how changes affect workload.
- Work with provincial health offices and district health offices to develop data for decision making mentorship structures that build on staff skills to foster a culture of data analysis across provincial, district and facility teams.
- Provide technical assistance at the district level to develop and roll out custom dashboards that simplify and synthesize HMIS data to support identification of areas for improvement in the delivery of RMNCAH services.
- Provide direct inputs to MCGL development of deliverables including the annual work plan, the Annual Planning Cycle (MTEF) report, the Sustainability Framework, annual progress reports, and the final activity report.
- Provide support and inputs to other technical and administrative tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- BA/BS and 8+ years of experience or graduate degree and 6+ years of experience;
- Substantive, relevant work experience in health systems with a development agency, NGO or government. Adept at communicating technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Previous experience and proven track record in providing technical advice to counties in strategic and operational planning, public financial management in the health sector;
- A strong understanding of the current Public Financial Management Landscape or health economics in Zambia specifically at a county level;
- Demonstrated experience delivering institutional strengthening assistance to counties in public financial management;
- Demonstrated experience designing and utilizing PFM training materials or manuals;
- Demonstrated interest and ability in growing staff, mentoring and coaching junior professionals;
- Demonstrated ability to engage effectively with external strategic partners, donors, and stakeholders;
- Outstanding cross-cultural communication skills, including the ability to relate respectfully with staff at all levels, ages, genders, nationalities and orientations as well as across work areas;
Method of ApplicationPlease send your application letter and curriculum vitae only in a single document to the Human Resources Director: [email protected]
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
The closing date is Friday October 14, 2022