Organization Development Advisor at Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
- Company: Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is the implementing agency of the Federal Republic of Germany for technical and international cooperation. It offers flexible, sustainable and effective solutions in political, economic and social change processes. Most of the work of GIZ is commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). GIZ also operates on behalf of other German ministries as well as public and private bodies in Germany and abroad. These include the European Commission, the United Nations, the World Bank and governments of other countries.
The upcoming phase of the Programme “Strengthening Good Financial Governance in Zambia (GFG)” is funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the European Union (EU), and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). Its objective is to strengthen financial governance in Zambia in terms of transparency, accountability, citizen-orientation and efficiency.
The Organisational Development Technical Advisor in the joint EU-USAID-German Development Cooperation programme “Good Financial Governance in Zambia” is responsible for the implementation of the assigned outputs and work areas as directed by the Component Lead. He / she provides strategic, organisational and technical advice to the project’s partners and supports them in implementing core reforms related to change management, organisational development, and PFM related civil service reforms. He / she is responsible for the operational and technical planning of the allocated workstreams in close coordination with other technical advisors and the component lead in accordance with the project goals and activities agreed with the partners, such as Cabinet Office, National School of Government, Civil Service Commission, and Ministry of Finance and National Planning.
In this context, GIZ is seeking a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
Organization Development Advisor – (Lusaka based)
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Supporting programme management in the conceptual design of the change management and organizational development activities to improve steering and implementation of cross-cutting Public Financial Management (PFM) reforms, as the lead advisor.
- Co-operating with GRZ counterparts in designing and implementing the program activities.
- Overseeing the implementation of activities and workstreams to achieve results according to the log frame in close consultation with counterparts to ensure that the services provided are aligned with the partners’ needs. This includes identifying bottlenecks in project implementation and recommending adjustments of operational and strategic plans, as well as monitoring of risks, changes and progress in the area of intervention.
- Providing technical inputs for overarching project areas such as reporting, monitoring and evaluation, or contracting processes.
- Responsible for designing, preparing and implementing workshops, seminars or other events on issues connected with the area of activity, both individually and with other team members.
- Preparing Terms of Reference for short-term experts to support the team in advising programme partners in his/her area of expertise.
- Responsible for networking with consultants, donors, research institutions etc. on a technical level as is necessary to perform the tasks; including technical backstopping for the CL in the representation of the project in regard to other international development partners.
- Cooperating with other GIZ programmes to exploit synergies and avoid overlaps.
- The Technical Advisor also performs other duties and tasks at the request of programme management.
- University degree (master or equivalent) in an area relevant to the programme’s objectives, such as economics, law, public administration, financial management
- Several years of practical experience in working on change management and organizational development, ideally in the public sector
- Excellent knowledge of public financial management processes in the Zambian public sector as well as international practice
- Practical work experience in GRZ in a comparable position with references is desirable
- Strong advisory competence and conceptual skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Must be highly adaptable, flexible, proactive, and able to work under pressure
- Reliability, sensitivity to political economy, trusted counterpart and negotiator
- Willingness to work in an intercultural environment
Method of Application
- Cover letters must be sent using font type Arial, size 11. In the first paragraph, please outline your motivation for applying for the position. In the second paragraph, outline your experience in the position
- CVs must be submitted in PDF not exceeding three (3) pages. Do not indicate your marital status, religion, political affiliation or insert your photo.
- Certificates, qualifications, etc. must not be attached to the application.
- Traceable references of previous engagements must be provided.