Officer, Training – Maintenance at First Quantum Minerals Ltd (FQM)
- Company: First Quantum Minerals Ltd (FQM)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Solwezi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia - First Quantum Minerals Ltd (FQM) Jobs in Zambia
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
The Officer, Training Maintenance is responsible for conducting hands on ‘training and assessment’ for FQMO Mining Division employees or designated contractors.
- Planning for daily activities according to the training plan & schedule.
- Conducting training in line with the Artisan training process.
- Conducting assessments in line with the assessment procedure.
- Coaching Learners.
- Ensure that all training is in line with the company’s written procedures.
- Liaising directly with the supervisors to minimize impact on production.
- Complete all documentation to a high standard and ensure that it is handed in expediently.
- Monitor the hours each trainee has completed to ensure adherence to the training path.
- Administrate and record learning progress
- Instill a high awareness of safety in all aspects of training.
- Ensure that the focus of training is principally on safety.
- Maintaining a pro-active approach to all aspects of operational and behavioural safety and encourage teamwork within the department in line with FQMO company values.
- Proactively confront others about safety and security violations.
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Craft Certificate in HER/Auto Electric or related mechanical field
- A qualification in Teaching Methodology
- Member of EIZ
- High standard of verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office.
- Ability to facilitate classroom and field training to groups of varying sizes.
- A high level of competency on machinery in the required discipline.
- Ability to supervise groups of trainees.
- Ability to act as a mentor and role model to trainees.
- Ability to conduct thorough training without impacting on production.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the mining industry
- Experience working with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) for either Komatsu, Hitachi, Liebherr, Sandvik and Caterpillar (Excavators, Trucks, Ancillary Equipment, Drills)
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 17th October, 2022.