Monitoring, Evaluation and Research Officer at Restless Development Zambia
- Company: Restless Development Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kabwe
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
About Restless Development.
We know young people have the power to solve the challenges we face in our world, but they are being side-lined. We are the agency that works with young people so they can lead in solving those challenges. Whether that means supporting communities to end child marriage or prevent HIV, we work with young people to change their lives and the lives of people in their communities. Our programmes are genuinely life-changing, but we can’t do any of this without talented, creative individuals at every level of our organisation.
About the Role.
Restless Development in collaboration with Financial Service Providers will be delivering women’s financial Inclusion project. Restless Development and its partners have jointly developed this action to increase access to inclusive financial services and Products in rural and hard-to-reach areas. The project will be implemented in Eastern, Western and Luapula Province targeting 12,500 young women and 2,500 men living in 45 rural communities to have the capacity to make an informed decision to access inclusive digital financial services, with an increase in availability and usage of Financial Services and Products, enhanced savings and improved financial resilience.
The expected impact of the intervention is that young women and targeted communities will have the skills, knowledge and awareness to access appropriate and tailored financial services such as digitized savings, pension, insurance products and e-commerce markets. By encouraging FSPs and other key stakeholders to roll out more accessible and digitized FS&Ps in rural areas, combined with training and advocacy the targeted young women will increase their uptake and usage of these products and services.
Restless Development therefore seeks to recruit for the Project a dynamic, inspired and innovative young Zambian to fill the role of Monitoring, Evaluation and Research Officer. The Monitoring, Evaluation and Research Officer will be based at the Head Office in Kabwe and will provide support to the design and implementation of monitoring and learning activities. The Monitoring, Evaluation and Research Officer will support and work closely with different programme units in data and information management as a key function and generating reports, gathering learning and documenting best practices in the area of monitoring and learning.
Essential and Desirable skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (such as Monitoring and evaluation, social sciences, international development, or a related field).
- At least three years of experience in monitoring and evaluating development programs, preferably in the field of economic development, gender equity, or digital technology.
- Knowledge of the mobile money ecosystem and its regulation would be an added advantage
- Prior knowledge and experience in research and research methodology.
- Good command of analysis software such as SPSS, STATA, NVIVO, EPI etc.
- Strong understanding of gender and power dynamics and their impact on women’s economic empowerment.
- Familiarity with digital tools and platforms for financial management, such as mobile money or digital banking.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative research skills, including data collection, analysis, and interpretation.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Willingness to travel to partner communities as needed.
- A high level of motivation and ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- A strong personal commitment to the values. Code of conduct and methods of Restless Development.
- Proven facilitation and training skills
Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (such as Monitoring and evaluation, social sciences, international development, or a related field).
Method of Application
Please note that we do not accept CVs, resumes or covering letters. Click to download Here Application Form Click to download Here Job Description
Kindly be informed that the application form can not be edited online. It has to be downloaded offline to be edited. If you encounter any challenges with downloading the Application form and the Job description you can request for them. First round interviews are scheduled to take place on a date to be advised. Restless Development is an Equal Opportunities employer and seeks to recruit, retain and develop staff from all sectors of the community and will ensure that no applicant or staff member receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital status, social status, caste, race, ethnic origin, religious belief, age, HIV status, disability, or any other factor that cannot be shown to be relevant to performance.