Mechanical Engineer at Barrick
- Company: Barrick
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lumwana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Barrick Gold Corporation Jobs in Zambia - Engineering Jobs in Zambia
Lumwana Mining Company seeks to recruit a highly committed employee for the position of Mechanical Engineer to join the versatile Maintenance team.
Reporting to the Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for maintenance projects across the site, also spearhead the statutory requirement compliance. This is to ensure maximum operational performance is achieved in a safe and cost-effective manner while ensuring compliance with relevant procedure, policies, legal requirements and consent conditions:
- Responsible for management of work priorities daily and ensuring that activities are undertaken in accordance with business needs.
- Actively participate in identification and implementation of projects that demonstrate working in an environment of continuous improvement.
- Ensure compliance with statutory acts, regulations, consent conditions and ensure that all relevant standards are adhered to in the project environment.
- Ensure personal and team compliance with statutory acts and regulations and consent conditions are met.
- Ensure controlled document management system is in place and maintained for all electronic drawings and equipment manuals.
- Conduct feasibility studies, that provides input data in capital projects
- Assist Management in a support role with regards the management of planned maintenance and scheduling of services.
- Designing of mechanical, structural, and multi-disciplined systems and equipment with respect to requirements and scope
- Developing deliverable packages along with the drafting team -Project plans, Scope of Works/Bid analysis, and engineering drawings
- Plan, schedule, coordinate, and manage multifaceted projects to ensure projects are completed within the required timeline and comply with applicable standards, practices, QA/QC policies and specifications
- Actively conduct root cause analysis programs
- Carry out administrative functions.
To be considered for the position, you must meet the following requirements:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia
- Must have a valid driving license
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in fixed plant and mobile maintenance engineering.
- Statutory compliant awareness – Mining Regulation and international standards
- Proficient with the use of engineering design software (AutoCAD) and ability to interpret drawings
- Basic knowledge in condition monitoring techniques
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels, confident communicator with senior management, legal entities, and external stakeholders.
Barrick – Lumwana employees that meet the above stated requirements are invited to submit their CVs through http://jobs.barrick.com/ .
Barrick has a strong commitment to environmental, health and safety management.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 12th July 2022. If you are not contacted by HR department within 30 days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 31st July, 2022.