Mechanical Engineer at Barrick
Welcome to JobwebZambia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Zambia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Barrick
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kalumbila
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Mechanical Engineer
Reporting to the Superintendent – Planning, Engineering & Reliability, you will be responsible for maintenance projects across the site, also spearhead the statutory requirement compliance. This is to ensure maximum operational performance is achieved in a safe and cost-effective manner while ensuring compliance with relevant procedure, policies, legal requirements and consent conditions. Your duties will include but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for management of work priorities daily and ensuring that activities are undertaken in accordance with business needs.
- Actively participate in identification and implementation of projects that demonstrate working in an environment of continuous improvement.
- Ensure compliance with statutory acts, regulations, consent conditions and ensure that all relevant standards are adhered to in the project environment.
- Ensure personal and team compliance with statutory acts and regulations and consent conditions and that at statutory for equipment are met.
- Ensure controlled document management system is in place and maintained for all electronic drawings and equipment manuals.
- Conduct feasibility studies, that provides input data in capital projects
- Assist Management in a support role with regards the management of planned maintenance and scheduling of services.
- Actively conduct root cause analysis programs
- Carry out administrative functions.
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Maintenance and Engineering/projects
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia or meets the requirements to be registered.
- Extensive experience in fixed plant and mobile maintenance engineering.
- Statutory compliant awareness – Mining Regulation and international standards
- Experience in interpretation and work with engineering drawings (mechanical)
- Basic knowledge in condition monitoring techniques
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels, confident communicator with senior management, legal entities and external stakeholders.
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.