Managing Director at North Western Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited
- Company: North Western Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Solwezi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
The North Western Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited (NWWSSCL) is a commercial utility providing water and sanitation services in the North-Western Province. The company has a vision of “striving for excellence in water supply and sanitation.” It is value-driven and performance-oriented, and since its inception in 2000, it has been among the top-performing utilities. The company operates in eight (8) districts: Solwezi, Mwinilunga, Kasempa, Mufumbwe, Manyinga, Kabompo, Zambezi and Chavuma. The company envisioned taking over the provision of water and sanitation services in the newly created districts of Mushindamo, Kalumbila and Ikelenge. NWWSSCL is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to recruit a high-profile, self-motivated, innovative, honest, committed, adequately qualified, and appropriately experienced person to fill the following vacant position in a challenging environment.
1. 0 MANAGING DIRECTOR – (X1)
Chairperson of the Board of Directors
2.0. Job Purpose:
To plan, coordinate and control the operations of the company and provide the strategic direction for managing the company, determining its direction in terms of development and growth within the mandate given by the business plan, the board, as well as general guidelines; and to evolve the necessary policies, philosophy, and plans in order to achieve the corporate objectives of the company.
3.0 Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and implements a long-term strategy and vision for the company that generates satisfactory levels of shareholder value and positive, reciprocal relations with relevant shareholders.
- Develops and recommends to the Board of NWWSSCL the corporate and business plan and, once approved, ensures its implementation
- Evaluates NWWSSCL budget plans, including strategies against objectives and policies submitted by subordinates from all departments and districts, providing guidance and advice, ensuring that submissions are realistic and attainable, and thereafter presenting the budget to the board for approval.
- Reviews constantly the company’s performance against set objectives and plans as given in the corporate business plan, NWASCO performance guidelines, and mandatory standards and specifications for water supply and sanitation service providers.
- Ensures that necessary resources are marshalled to finance, equip, and run the planned operations, capital projects, and visions.
- Chairs management meetings with senior managers and procurement meetings in order to ensure that the company’s procurements and other programs are value-adding and within agreed timeframes.
- Attends water sector consultative forums and represents the company at fairs and seminars, both local and international.
- Prepare and present to the Board and relevant bodies objective periodic reports of the company’s affairs, performance, and related issues for information and decision-making.
- Attends to important stakeholder queries emanating from councils, government, statutory bodies, and donors.
- Agrees monitors and reviews the performance of subordinates to ensure that they meet their agreed objectives and targets.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the board from time to time.
4.0 MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Full Grade Twelve (12) / Form Five (05) with Five “O” Level Credits, including Mathematics and English Language
- Degree in Engineering or any other relevant professional qualification.
- A master’s degree in Engineering or any other relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Eligible member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ) or other relevant professional body.
- Minimum of 10 years post-qualification practical hands-on work experience in a reputable institution, with 5 years at senior management level.
5.0 Other Attributes
- Good strategic or business planning skills
- Highly developed leadership and management skills
- Computer Literacy
- High analytical skills and proven business acumen
- Honesty, of high integrity, accountability, and result-oriented
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills
- Excellent communication skills and forthrightness, as the job holder has to interact at the highest level with major stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to galvanize the entire company to achieve results.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is December 8, 2023, and only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
Method of Application
The Board Chairperson
North Western Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited
MEMA House, Mwanawasa Street
P O Box 110184
Applications can be sent to this email address: [email protected]