This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
20 Mar 2023
Manager- Legal and Regulatory Affairs at MTN Zambia
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: MTN Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Legal Jobs in Zambia
- Drafts and reviews commercial agreements/documents relating to commercial transactions in close collaboration with owner departments, ensuring that those agreements conform to the Laws of Zambia, Group Charter and MTNZ policies, and that the interests of MTN Zambia are adequately protected under all agreements;
- Carries out all litigation functions of the department, by providing legal advice concerning activities of the company and specific laws that impact functional areas and manages disputes with potential litigation threat; including making recommendation for courses of action to forestall litigation against MMM;
- Reviews claims/lawsuit and recommends the best course of action depending on the strength of the evidence presented and possible ramifications by evaluating claim/lawsuit evidence against MMM, ascertains facts presented and formulates appropriate defence strategy and arguments where a decision has been made to present a defence;
- Formulation of appropriate strategies and arguments where MMM is taking legal action against a third party. Briefs company lawyers and provides any information that they need to successfully prosecute the case where a decision has been made to use company lawyers, otherwise personally attends court to present and argue the case;
- Reviews court judgment and recommends the best course of action depending on the strength of a case for appeal. Where an appeal is decided, liaises with company lawyers to appeal, and follows through on judgments to ensure that MMM executes the judgments accordingly;
- Provides an interface between MMM and its main regulators; Bank of Zambia (BOZ), Financial Intelligence Centre (FIC), Zambia Information Technology Management Authority (ZICTA) and the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (CCPC);
- Conducts all company secretarial duties on behalf of MMM including such as organizing and preparing agendas and papers for board meetings, committees and annual general meetings (AGMs);
- Takes minutes, drafting resolutions, lodging required forms and annual returns with Patents and Companies Registration Authority (PACRA);
- Maintains statutory books, including registers of members, directors and secretaries; and dealing with correspondence, collating information and writing reports, ensuring decisions made are communicated to the relevant company stakeholders;
- Provides legal advice and services to all business units of MMM on legal and contractual issues in order to safeguard the interest of the company;
- Drafts legal agreements aligned to Company context and multivariable implications and conduct. Legal reviews of agreements, policies and procedures;
- Makes recommendations on litigation, attends court to present case/defend MTNZ.
- Grade 12 certificate with 5 credits or better of which English and Mathematics are a must;
- Bachelor’s degree in Law and valid Practicing Certificate from Law Association of Zambia;
- 4 years litigation and commercial drafting experience in a reputable law firm;
- Fintech, Banking or Financial Services knowledge/experience an advantage;
- Strong experience in corporate and commercial matters and experience managing external legal counsel and case management.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply!
Hand delivered applications will not be accepted.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th March, 2023.