Maintenance Planner – Heavy Equipment Repair (H.E.R) at First Quantum Minerals Ltd (FQM)
- Company: First Quantum Minerals Ltd (FQM)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Solwezi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia - First Quantum Minerals Ltd (FQM) Jobs in Zambia
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Job title: Maintenance Planner – Heavy Equipment Repair (H.E.R)
Site: KANSANSHI Mining Plc
Department: Smelter Engineering
Section: Maintenance Planning
Position reports to: Coordinator – Maintenance Planning
To diligently execute maintenance planning functions according to instructions and prescribed standards ensuring that optimum equipment availability and reliability is realised.
- This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Compiling schedules for new equipment in line with OEM recommendations and RCM principles and uploading into the ERP system
- Planning and Scheduling of daily, Weekly, Monthly and other scheduled Maintenance.
- Rebuild and Special Projects Scheduling.
- Making follow-ups on the work Orders waiting parts in collaboration with the expediting officer
- Ensuring the timely availability of spares for scheduled maintenance
- Conducting Planning Meetings with other stakeholders
- Raising and closing of work orders in the ERP maintenance module
- Preparing and presenting weekly and monthly performance reports
- Performing RCFA on equipment failures and chairing analysis meetings
- Ensure the accuracy of the CMMS Maintenance module database, task list, equipment history, spares lists, and Applied Parts Lists (APLs).
- Rebuild and Special Projects Coordination
- Maintaining good working relationships with internal and external departmental employees
- Conducting Applications for Non Stock Item (ANSI) of every spare part to purchase
- Monitoring Service Machine Running (SMR) and daily Operating Hours
- Creating, Maintaining and Monitoring PM Tasks in the CMMS – (Monitor Points)
- Equipment Condition Monitoring System in the CMMS
- Estimating required total down time
- Corresponding with external technical support service providers
- Coordinating and linking between the Managements (Kansanshi Smelter and FQMO Roads)
- Managing and Maintaining Filing System
- Acting and taking all admin responsibilities
- Equipment change out planning
- Tyre management
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Craft Certificate in Heavy Equipment Repair – H.E.R
- Member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia – EIZ
- Must have Practiced H E R functions for a Minimum of 2 – 3 years
- Must have 2 years of Maintenance Planning Experience
- Must be very conversant with Reliability Centred Maintenance
- Previous work experience in a large copper mining operation will be advantageous.
- Must be Computer literate.
- Use of PRONTO will be an added advantage.
- Bold initiative
- Thinking Safety
- Upholding Quality
- Technical Skill
- Driving Quantity
- Driving attendance
- Possess strong interpersonal skills
- Standby and overtime when required
- Must be able to work with minimum Supervision.
- Very good verbal communication skills.
- A high standard of computer literacy, particularly Microsoft Office.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 27th April, 2023.