Legal Research Assistant at Elijah Simbai General Consultancy
- Company: Elijah Simbai General Consultancy
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Legal Jobs in Zambia
Elijah Simbai General Consultancy Ltd is looking to hire a legal research assistant with superb research and administrative skills. You will be expected to work well under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines.
To ensure success, you will be required to be proficient at multi-tasking, intuitive and an excellent communicators with a keen interest in providing accurate and insightful support to the Consultant General (CG) and to the team of consultants. This position has you as an expert in key legal concepts with fantastic organizational skills, great IT skills and meticulous attention to detail.
To be chosen for this role, you must have a degree in a legal related course, or any related field. Prior work experience in research is a plus.
The Employee’s scope of work in his designation as Legal Research Assistant shall include the following:
- To draft and print documents for filing into court and/or service on clients and/or other parties.
- To draft and print Acknowledgement of Service Slips and prepare Affidavits of Service.
- To render written professional legal opinions to the CG as shall be from time to time directed.
- To conduct research in any field of interest depending on client or company interests.
- To provide periodical appraisals to CG and clients on latest Legal Regime Changes both Legislative and Judicial, and advise on the impact on the existing interests of the clients and/or the Employer.
- To constantly and continuously explore research needs both for the Employer and Clients.
- To keep and maintain the records and files serially with updated tags and notes.
- To update and file new documents from outside the office immediately after perusal by the CG.
- To attend CG’s Boardroom meetings with clients and take notes and/or minutes as and when required.
- To carry out other tasks as shall from time to time be assigned by the AO or CG with limited powers of delegation.
Requirements and skills
- Demonstrable ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines.
- Well-organized with a customer-oriented approach.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, KAS Legal.
- Exquisite communication and people skills.
- Degree in Law, or relevant field is a strong advantage.