Legal Aid / Advisor (HR Department) at Nemchem International Ltd
- Company: Nemchem International Ltd
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Legal Jobs in Zambia
This individual will be responsible for providing accurate and timely legal advice to Management on a variety of legal topics including but not limited to labor and employment, immigration, finance, service contracts and general operations.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Advise on a variety of legal issues and legal risks.
- Explain legal language.
- Draft, review, edit, interpret, and advise on contracts and other legal documents.
- Oversee all contractual obligations pertaining to the company.
- Research and report on unique legal issues impacting the company.
- Keep abreast of legislative changes that may affect the organization.
- Provide legal input into financial planning and reporting process.
- Provide advice on labor law related employee issues.
- Assist in preparation of disciplinary hearing documents.
- Conduct investigations and prepare witnesses in advance of a disciplinary hearing.Work with the Department of Labor
- Serve as liaison between the organization and external attorneys.
- Communicate and serve as a liaison for external parties including external counsel, public authorities, and union representatives.
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces.
- Maintain professional and timely communications.
- Document and maintain legal files and issues.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Management or by the Human Resources Manager
Qualifications – Legal and human resource management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law or Equivalent, Admitted to the BAR
- Human Resource Experience or licensed
- Experience as a legal advisor, and able to attend to routine administrative labor law related tasks.
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity, and responsibility.
Method of ApplicationTo apply for this job email your details to [email protected]
Closes: April 21, 2023