Implementation Officer Community Outreach at Implementation Officer Community Outreach
- Company: Implementation Officer Community Outreach
- Location: Zambia
- State: Sesheke Airport
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Zambia
Implementation Officer Community Outreach – x1 Sesheke Ref No. IOC/CoHP/28/07/22
Reports to the Project Coordinator, the incumbent coordinates the implementation of the day-to-day activities of the Comprehensive Community HIV Package for adolescents and young people (CCOHP) within communities in Sesheke. S/he works with adolescent peers and community and facility-based volunteers and ensures adolescents and young people from the community receives the targeted project services.
- Implements adolescent prevention program activities in the community with technical support from the Project Coordinator CCOHP in collaboration with health facility staff as needed.
Ensures linkages are completed within the testing and treatment cascade.
- Supervises peer educators in day-to-day project activities within the communities.
- Trains and mentors peer educators/Community health workers in adolescent health services including CSE and SRHR.
- Guides peer educators to implement and monitor adolescent activities as per work-plan.
- Coordinates HTS community drives for adolescents at facility and community level and ensures report generation and submission to Project Coordinator.
- Ensures implementation of activities on the workplan according to schedule.
- Establishes and strengthens community CSE clubs and youth friendly spaces to meet the needs of adolescents and young people.
- Identifies community-based initiatives to support community-based services to improve retention into care.
- Ensures defaulter tracing activities for adolescents are implemented according to work-plan.
- Collaborates with other partners on the ground who are involved in adolescent HIV prevention activities.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly reports and submit to the Project Coordinator.
- Coordinates index testing activities and ensures all clients that test positive is linked into care and treatment.
- Establishes facility-based support groups for adolescents living with HIV/AIDS and for their caregivers.
- Organizes community sensitization and mobilization activities targeting adolescents.
- Sensitizes adolescents in the community on GBV issues and facilitates referrals for GBV counselling for victims of GBV and supports reporting to the police.
- Spearheads the setting up of adolescent-only “dreams-like” spaces in communities.
- Ensures activity funds are spent and retired in a timely manner according to CIDRZ financial guidelines.
- Full Grade 12 Certificate.
- Diploma in Social Work/Development Studies/Adult Education or in another relevant area.
- 2 years relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in program implementation.
- Demonstrated experience working with communities.
- Demonstrated experience in health communication desirable.
- Good knowledge on HIV and AIDS desirable.
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply; however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 7th November, 2022.