This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
2 Sep 2022
Heavy Equipment Repair Technician at Hitachi Construction Machinery Zambia Co. Ltd.
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: Hitachi Construction Machinery Zambia Co. Ltd.
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lumwana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
Purpose of the role:
Carry out Maintenance works in accordance with Hitachi standards for achievement of company goals and objectives.
Duration: One (1) Year
Reports to: Mechanical Coordinator
Branch: Lumwana (To cover Lumwana Branch, Avantech Project, and Kalumbila Mine)
The H.E.R Technician will be required to perform the following tasks:
- Ensure safety standards are adhered to;
- Maintain a safe working environment and follow safety regulations;
- Conduct Workshop maintenance daily (preventive & corrective actions)
- Ensure good housekeeping at all times;
- Ensure workshop equipment is inspected and maintained in good working condition;
- Report all deficient/ broken and problematic tools to supervisor;
- Comply with maintenance plans for all scheduled & unscheduled repairs at the workshop;
- Check to ensure availability of critical parts in the warehouse for all planned Jobs;
- Ensure all Queries are quickly and effectively resolved to improve Customer satisfaction;
- Ensure Job cards are completed accurately and on time and submitted to the supervisor;
- Maintain and enhance customer relations;
- Promote the culture of safety, quality & efficiency;
- Comply with all incident reporting and hazard identification policies;
- Promote organizational culture exhibiting the core values of as espoused in Kenkijin Spirit;
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Must have a full Grade 12 certificate
- Minimum of an Advanced Certificate in Heavy Equipment Repair or equivalent.
- Minimum experience of 2 years on heavy equipment machinery in a mining environment
- Valid driver’s license
- Member of Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
- Hands-on Technical approach
- Skilled in Earthmoving Equipment Repairs
- Knowledge of the use of parts and service manuals
- Fundamentals of Electricity Knowledge
- Fundamentals Hydraulics Knowledge
- Good Analytical Skills
- Good communication skills
- Good customer Relations
Method of ApplicationIf you meet the requirements above, email your detailed C.V, certified copies of certificates and cover letter in a single document to [email protected], or send your application to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Hitachi Construction Machinery Zambia, Co. Ltd.
KK International Airport Road, Plot 2350/M
P.O. Box 30182, Lusaka.
The closing date for applications is Monday 5th September, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.