Health and Safety Officer (Construction & Mining) at Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy
- Company: Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Consulting Jobs in Zambia
The Health and Safety Officer will perform routine and administrative, technical, and professional work in analyzing and administering various components of the environmental, health and safety programs. Prepare health and safety strategies and develop internal policy. In conjunction with the HR Department play a leading role in in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks;
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Maintain environmental, health and safety policies and programs in line with group standards.
- Help to plan and promote safety programs.
- Work with the regional environmental, health and safety advisory committees to promote and provide safety expertise.
- Assist in outlining safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards;
- Carrying out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented the office and filling stations
- Making changes to working practices that are safe and comply with legislation;
- Work with the Head in preparing health and safety strategies and developing internal policy;
- Assist with planning of in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks;
- Keeping records of inspection findings and producing reports that suggest improvements;
- Recording of incidents and accidents and producing statistics for managers;
- Be up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all coordinate and conduct work area assessments, surveys, and program evaluations to determine the presence of hazardous conditions, such as noise exposure, chemical exposure, indoor air quality, light levels, confined space, and ventilation in paint booths.
- Administer the fire prevention program for employees, including building/site evacuation procedures
- Administer the annual fire extinguisher maintenance program and the annual sprinkler system inspection and test program.
Skills and Attributes
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Communications skills
- Leadership skills
- Quality Management
- Safety leadership
Primary Areas of Accountability:
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Engineering Science, Health and Safety or related disciplines
- At least a minimum of 4-5 years of practical work experience in HSSE program administration
- Health and Safety working experience in Construction, Mining or Oil/Petroleum will be a plus
- Must have good knowledge of local environmental, health, and safety laws and the ability to operate a variety of specialized measuring and monitoring
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain and ensure the confidential nature of the Health and Safety Section and Human Resources Department office and records.
Method of ApplicationIf you meet the minimum hiring requirements for the above position, please email your CV and Cover letter clearly stating your salary expectations to : [email protected] and copy in [email protected]
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 14 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
DO NOT SEND CERTIFICATES AT THIS STAGE