Health Intern at Barrick Gold Corporation
- Company: Barrick Gold Corporation
- Location: Zambia
- State: Solwezi
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Zambia
Lumwana Mine, Solwezi, Zambia.
Reporting to: Medical Superintendent
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the Northwestern region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km southwest of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Health Intern.
Reporting to the Medical Superintendent, your duties will include but not limited to the following;
- Perform duties assigned to you according to your profession
- Ensure availability of medical and surgical supplies in the treatment rooms
- Maintain accurate records of all services rendered during your shift
- Be able to maintain high levels of cleanliness to reduce chances of cross-infection.
- Be actively involved in the prevention of infectious diseases including COVID-19, TB, HIV and STIs and Hepatitis B.
Experience & Qualifications
- Grade twelve (12) school certificate
- Diploma in Registered Nursing, Diploma in Clinical Medicine, Diploma in Pharmacy, Diploma in Public Health.
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Good management and communication skills
- Team player
- Good observation and analytical skills
- Should not be in employment with either government or Private Healthcare Provider
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
If you meet the requirements, submit your online application by clicking ‘APPLY NOW’.
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.
Our mission is to be the world’s most valued gold and copper mining business. We are committed to partnering with our host countries and communities to transform their natural resources into tangible benefits and mutual prosperity.
With operating mines and projects in 18 countries, Barrick’s highly diversified workforce is drawn almost entirely from our host nations and equipped with world-class skills. We set the gold standard in sustainability by embedding environmental, social and economic considerations into all of our business decisions.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 24th October, 2022.