Female Part Time Teacher/tutor at Kharis House
- Company: Kharis House
- Location: Zambia
- State: Ndola
- Job type: Part-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Zambia
DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ARE NOT FEMALE
Academic and Professional Requirements
- Prefer Masters in education
- MUST HAVE a university degree preferably in Secondary Education
- Has a broad and rich global perspective
- Fluent in written and verbal English proficiency
- Ability to meet health and physical requirements of the position
- Must be creative, compassionate and teach with a Christian global perspective with an enrichment style teaching
- Must have a heart for missions
- Must agree to Kharis House Statement of Faith and Core Values
The primary role of the Teacher/tutor is to ensure all girls in the program are continuing and excelling in their education. The tutor should understand each child’s learning style, ability and where she is currently and where she needs to be to excel in her education. The tutor will ensure each child is safe, secure and the atmosphere is pleasant and peaceful. The learning environment should be fun, creative, communicative and inspiring. Additionally, this role serves to inspire the girls to be all that God has created them to be. The tutor will exhibit a passion for the mission of Kharis House and the Gospel-centered care that Kharis House aims at bringing to the children we serve.
- Attend all relevant staff meetings
- Cooperate with other team members to ensure duties are fulfilled
- Provide guidance regarding all matters related to all education needs
- Maintain confidentiality and sensitivity of both the Kharis House location as well as cases and details of girls and babies
- Encourage learning through inquiry based learning environment that encourages asking questions, working collaboratively and viewing mistakes as learning opportunities
- Must be innovative, inclusive and imaginative
- Teaching style incorporates project-based learning not rote teaching
Teach key themes to develop critical thinking, curiosity, creativity, communication, collaboration, compassion, composure, citizenship and Christianity
- Maintain records of all progress and curriculum relating to each child
- Maintain records of all materials
- Register any child needing to sit for exams
- Understand what the child needs to be studying to be successful at school
- Develop our girls natural capacities to make sense of the world around them
The Employee shall also be expected to undertake other educational responsibilities as may be delegated by his or her supervisor
- Demonstrate commitment to Kharis House mission, vision, and values
Share knowledge and experience
- Passion for equipping and empowering the vulnerable and traumatized girls of Zambia
- Actively work towards continuing personal learning and development and apply newly acquired skills
- Consistently approach work with energy and positive constructive attitude
Remain calm, in control, and good humored even under pressure
- Ability to multi-task and competently manage several projects at one time
Adhere to all deadlines
- Maintain confidentiality and sensitivity of both the Kharis House location as well as all residents
The Employee shall also be expected to undertake any responsibilities as may be delegated by his/her Employer.
Kharis House Core Values & Statement of Faith
OUR CORE VALUES
- We believe it is the Church’s responsibility to redeem the world. God’s one and only plan. It is the power of Christ for transformation (emotional, physical, psychological, spiritual) of the broken lives the ministry seeks to rescue.
- We believe every life matters and is valuable to God regardless of the circumstances under which that life was created. We place worth and dignity on all life, from unborn babies to aging widows.
- We believe in family preservation, preventing orphans and encouraging the vital role mothers play in the lives of their children.
- We believe we are to represent our Lord with the same radical grace we have received. A radical grace that supersedes culture and brings unmerited equality and inclusion.
- We believe all girls deserve the right to an education. We value education and equal rights for vulnerable girls.
- We value education and economic empowerment of women as means to better the lives of their families and break the cycle of poverty.
- We value prayer, partnership, collaboration, servanthood, hard work and sustainability.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- The Bible is the inspired and infallible Word of God to man.
- There is one eternal God, the Creator of all things, who exists in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ, the Son of God, was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and lived a sinless life. Man was created in God’s image, but by man’s transgression became separated from God.
- Man is justified by faith, by the shed blood of Jesus Christ on Calvary’s cross, His death, and His resurrection from the grave.
- The Holy Spirit resides in the hearts of true believers and is evidenced by a spiritual rebirth, reconciliation with God, and obedience to God’s Word.
- Both the saved and the lost will be resurrected; the saved unto eternal life and the lost unto eternal damnation. God is the creator of all life, including the unborn; all life is precious in His sight.
- God designed marriage to be between a man and a woman united in a lifelong union.
Method of ApplicationTo apply for this job email your details to [email protected]
January 11, 2023