Engineer, Mechanical, Jnr at First Quantum Minerals (FQM)
- Company: First Quantum Minerals (FQM)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Solwezi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Responsible for any ad hoc projects, investigations that would require a financial appreciation and critical thinking ability.
- Hands on experience in maintenance and production related processes.
- Equipment failure analysis.
- Collection of data on critical production equipment and trying to improve their performance.
- Ensure a safe work environment is maintained applying all company policies and safe work practices, demonstrating a strong commitment to the safety of employees
- Provide engineering support services for the installation, maintenance and operation of various project works ensuring the safety, efficiency and integrity of the network in accordance with requirements
- Project manage the technical and financial aspects of small scale projects, applying effective project management techniques from inception to completion
- Participate in the improvement of engineering standards, specifications and instructions associated with replacement, refurbishment and augmentation of equipment
- Liaise with other teams in troubleshooting root cause and incident investigations including equipment failures and defects for low impact planned and unplanned events;
- Perform any other duties as required by Management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a Grade Twelve (Grade 12) School Certificate
- Bachelors of Mechanical / Mining / Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- A member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ).
- PC Literacy.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
- Ability to achieve result is a cross cultural environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th December, 2023.