Early Years Foundation Stage/KS1 Teacher – Year 1 Class at Sentinel Kabitaka School
- Company: Sentinel Kabitaka School
- Location: Zambia
- State: Solwezi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Zambia
Educore Services is seeking a suitably qualified, experienced, and enthusiastic Early Years/ KS1 class teacher to commence duties by January 2023.
The appointee will report to the Head of Primary and directly contribute to all areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage/KS1 teaching at Sentinel Kabitaka School as well as add to the co-curriculum in the school.
Sentinel Kabitaka is part of the exciting and ambitious educational establishment in North – Western Province of Zambia catering for children from Nursery up to Cambridge IGCSE level. It offers the ECZ curriculum at Years 7 and 9 and Cam-bridge curriculum in Year 12. The school which is a part of the Educore Services group of schools, offers a rounded education, and aims to be especially strong in not only academic achievement, but sport, outdoor pursuits and the performing arts.
Main Purpose of the Job
To provide the students with an excellent educational experience in the class in accordance with the school’s Early Years curriculum. To work in conjunction with the teachers and contribute to the life of the school.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education/ Primary Education with 5 O’ levels including Mathematics and English
- TCZ registration and practicing License
- Minimum 2 years work experience in Early Years
- Experience teaching the Cambridge curriculum is an added advantage
The successful candidate will possess the following key skills:
- Able to handle students that are in the Early Years/ KS1 classes
- Good organisational skills
- Effective communication skills, selecting and using appropriate media to teach lessons (good ICT skills)
- Able to differentiate lessons according to ability groups
- Enjoy living in a small, rural community.
- Self-driven and independent individual who enjoys working with others in achieving the objectives of the larger organisation
- Able to offer a variety of co-curricular activities.
- A high level of inter-personal skills and teamwork are essential
- An up-to-date knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage/ KS1 Curriculum as well as an up-to-date knowledge on how to teach phonics/reading.
- Must be able to prepare children for the next stage of the Curriculum.
- Someone who is flexible about teaching other classes in Early Years or Key Stage One would be an advantage.
Method of ApplicationA full CV and cover letter must be sent to: [email protected]s.com with subject heading: SKAB EYFS / KS1 Teacher
Closing date: 28/ 09/ 2022
Due to Educore Services’ commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and criminal record.