Driver at Right to Care Zambia
- Company: Right to Care Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Zambia - Right to Care Jobs in Zambia
Right to Care is at the vanguard in supporting and delivering prevention, care, and treatment services for HIV and associated diseases. We work with government and communities to find pioneering solutions to build and strengthening public healthcare.
We embrace a strong entrepreneurial culture and focuses on innovation and the use of technology to enhance services, address skills shortages, and deliver quality healthcare outcomes. Our areas of expertise include HIV and TB care and treatment, pharmacy automation, medical male circumcision, and cervical cancer diagnosis and treatment.
Right to Care Zambia has been awarded a five (5) year project funded by the USAID through the PEPFAR mechanism. The USAID – Action HIV project aims to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission by achieving the UNAIDS and PEPFAR goal of 95/95/95 HIV treatment coverage by providing comprehensive HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment maintenance services in Luapula, Northern and Muchinga provinces of Zambia. The USAID Action HIV project will work closely with and in support of the Ministry of Health.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Full Grade 12 School Certificate
- Must have a valid Zambian driving License with a minimum of Class C.
- Good knowledge of car mechanics, a certificate in car maintenance is an added advantage.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- 5 years’ experience of driving manual transmission vehicles, in USAID or similar projects experience will be an added advantage.
- Defensive driving training will be an added advantage
- Must have thorough knowledge of the Road Safety rules and regulations.
- Honest, mature and sober character
- Fluent proficiency in English, both written and spoken.
- Working knowledge of Computers: Microsoft Word and Excel.
TECHNICAL AND BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES
- Computer literacy
- Very good Driving Skills
- Good communication skills
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Responsible for driving staff on official RTCZ business
- Transport Logistics and Driver Services
- Make deliveries including loading and offloading
- Ensure transport request is booked through the Administrative Assistant and driver is given ample notice
- Motor Vehicle maintenance
- Initiate and facilitate the process of vehicle routine service and repairs.
- Ensure the vehicle is cleaned and kept tidy all the time
- Ensure vehicle is roadworthy before it is used for program activities.
- Complete job card for vehicle service or repairs before it is booked into the service centre or workshop
Regulatory & RTCZ Compliance
- Ensure all vehicles are driven in compliance with Road Transport safety regulations of the Republic of Zambia and RTCZ policy and guidelines
- Keep an updated inventory list of equipment such as first aid kit, tool kit, spare wheel, jack, wheel spanner etc
- Ensure to update accurately the vehicle logbook to enhance accountability of journeys undertaken
- All receipts for fuel, e-toll gate fees, parking fees must be accounted for.
- Vehicle handover form must be completed when handing over or taking vehicle
- Complete trip report and submit the same to supervisor
- Prepare timely and detailed accident reports and other unforeseen adverse event.
Method of ApplicationApplications in the form of a cover letter and CV must be submitted to [email protected] All applicants are required to complete an online competency assessment accessible using this link https://my.assessio.com/right-to-care-driver-mwansabombweluapula-zm
Only applicants that complete the two steps above will be considered.