Data Associate x2 at Zambia Health Education and Communication Trust
- Company: Zambia Health Education and Communication Trust
- Location: Zambia
- State: Livingstone - Mufurila
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
The Zambia Health Education and Communication Trust (ZHECT) is an indigenous Zambian Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO), registered under the laws of Zambia and dedicated to providing high quality health services, social behaviour change interventions, research and capacity building for the improvement of the health status and general wellness of people in Zambia. ZHECT has accumulated a wealth of experience in providing Sexual Reproductive Health and HIV prevention and mitigation services to organisations and community mainly in Zambia but also within Southern and East African Communities. ZHECT is therefore focused on HIV/AIDS/STI prevention, Sexual Reproductive Health, Gender Based Violence and Economic Empowerment among vulnerable and hard to reach communities.
ZHECT in conjunction with Pact is implementing the DREAMS Component of the USAID – Zambia Community HIV Prevention Project (USAID – ZCHPP).
The DREAMS initiative is aimed at supporting the Government of Zambia’s response to HIV by targeting to reduce new HIV infections through increasing adoption of High impact HIV services, and protective behaviors among at-risk populations.
To ensure smooth and effective implementation of the project, ZHECT is seeking applications from well qualified candidates, already stationed in the specified districts, for the following positions.:
DATA ASSOCIATE X2 (MUFULIRA and LIVINGSTONE)
The Data Associate shall work with and under the supervision of the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer in managing all project data entry and analysis activities at district level. He/she will assist the Research, Monitoring and Evaluation unit in revising, developing, implementing and maintaining the project data management system. The Data Associate will also provide technical advice and guidance to Volunteers on monitoring and evaluation activities, strengthen data quality, data collection and reporting systems as well as monitor the implementation of the project Monitoring and Evaluation plan. The Data Associate shall also assist the M&E Officer to oversee project M&E activities in co-ordination with the project team, and will documentation of project results.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive data from sites and enter into project spread sheet
- Compile monthly summation forms, verify accuracy and sort information accordingly and enter in the DHIS2 database.
- Together with the M&E Officer, provide guidance to the volunteers on the M&E system, tools, data quality and management.
- Support capacity-building for Lay Counsellors and Behavior Change Communication cadres to improve use and operation of project M&E systems.
- Review data for deficiencies or errors, correct any incompatibilities if possible and check completeness of data forms.
- Generate weekly reports, store completed work in a designated location and perform backup operations.
- Review project monitoring data, analyze and give feedback where necessary on a monthly basis.
- Participate in preparation of various reports including the monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports timely with accurate data.
- Ensure proper use of office equipment, report any malfunctions as soon as noticed and provide technical assistance to mentors using tablets.
- File data accordingly after entering in the database.
- Participate in conducting project Data Quality Assessments.
- Diploma or higher in social sciences, public health, statistics, computer science or other relevant fields.
- Proven previous work experience in data entry will be an added advantage.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills and ability to work as a team player.
- Ability to initiate and implement activities with minimal supervision, and to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Well-developed computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, Access and Power Point. Familiarity and experience with computer database and management information systems in MS Access.
- Proven knowledge and experience in program M&E data management and quality assurance, including data entry, cleaning, analysis, interpretations and reporting.
- Proven experience working on an HIV/AIDS or health project in Zambia. Experience with USAID programs and United States Government supported HIV/AIDS M&E activities will be an advantage.
- Ability and willingness to travel for site supervision and data quality checks in project sites within the district.
- Must have past experience working in data collection and/or Monitoring and Evaluation.
Required Attributes and Competences:
- Empathetic, devoted and respectful individual with good interpersonal communication, team building, and writing skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates may submit their application letter and CV to [email protected] indicating the job title in the subject line. The closing date for receiving all applications is 20th September 2020.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.