Cross Border Trucking (Business) Logistics Officer at Olibul Investments Limited
- Company: Olibul Investments Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Solwezi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Zambia
Olibul Investments Limited is a visionary and purposeful growth-oriented Zambian company based in North-western province of Zambia. Olibul Investments Limited operates a large-scale state of art multi sand products quarry in North-western province and undertakes multi-disciplinary engineering and other project works in support of the Government building and road construction sector and international mining and construction industries.
Olibul Investments Limited invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced members of the Zambian public for the following vacant position:
CROSS BORDER TRUCKING (BUSINESS) LOGISTICS OFFICER
- Planning and managing logistics, transportation and customer services
- Directing, optimizing and coordinating full order cycle
- Keep track of quality, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Tracking vehicle movements and keep in touch with the drivers
- Registration and licensing of Mobility Fund Vehicles
- Analyzing data to increase business operational efficiency
- Complying with the Roads & Traffic Safety Agency (RTSA) regulations
- Utilize GPS systems to monitor drivers; track fuel usage and track vehicle location at all times
- Maintain absolute customer focus, keep the customer fully informed on progress, and effectively manage their expectations through accurate tracking reports and constant liaison which is relevant, reliable, reactive, and convenient.
- Deal with customer complaints rapidly and professionally in liaison with the Key Account Holder / Business Development.
- Accurate Journey Management financial control and planning ensuring timely cash flow to drivers and all associated service providers.
- Accurate fuel allocation and accounting in accordance with Company Procedures.
- Ensure drivers are correctly briefed, managed, and lead throughout the journey and all security and risks are assessed.
- Ensure you do all that is reasonably practicable to avoid, remove or mitigate unacceptable risk.
- Ensure clear and concise vehicle fault reporting, and ensure immediate and thorough accident/incident investigations are carried out.
- Trip monitoring and vehicle tracking must be done meticulously and regularly to prevent avoidable delays, keep drivers updated on their progress, and ensure that the journey management plan is being followed.
- Verify that every trip complies with the law, that all documentation requirements are completed, and that the documentation needed for billing is processed properly.
- Ensure you establish reliable contacts for clearance, government, and clients
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILL
- A Diploma or Degree in any relevant discipline or equivalent vocational experience in Transport / Logistics service support or supply chain or Business Management
- Proven working experience as a Logistics officer
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage drivers
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects.
- Leadership skills to motivate and inspire team members
- Clear communication skills ensure clear and candid information
- Strong management skills ensuring efficient use of resources
- Computer Literacy to effectively operate online management systems
- Faultless administration skills ensuring accurate and efficient procedures
- Problem-solving skills to ensure obstacles to progress is overcome
Method of ApplicationApplications accompanied with CVs, copies of certificates and verifiable references should be addressed not later than 20th April 2023 to:
The Human Resources Officer
Olibul Investments Limited
P.O. Box 110475
Email: [email protected]
- Prospective candidates are encouraged to apply early as applicants will be screened, shortlisted, and interviewed on a rolling basis and positions may end up being filled before the closing date. Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.