Credit Risk Analyst at Mighty Fin
- Company: Mighty Fin
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
The Credit Risk Analyst will be responsible for credit and risk management which includes making all lending decisions on behalf of Mighty Fin.
- Optimize risk, return and customer outcome tradeoffs through developing credit strategies across the various marketing channels, products and segments.
- Identify and implement opportunities to expand lending profitably.
- Oversee acquisitions underwriting policy including approve/decline, credit line assignment, pricing and term length.
- Differentiate credit policy for repeat customers.
- Develop pre-qualification process to determine which customers need banking validation.
- Drive growth through higher approval rates, higher loan sizes and expanded target population while still maintaining cash collection targets.
- Build acquisitions underwriting policy including approve/decline, credit line assignment and pricing.
- Provide information to regulators
- Build customer management programs to expand and deepen relationships with target customers, including credit line increases, product graduation and more
- Develop programs to mitigate high risk customers and actions, such as credit line decreases, payment float, authorizations, etc.
- Guide launch strategy to appropriately balance growth and risk management.
- Establish processes in terms of how changes to credit strategy, policies and other decisions that impact credit quality should be made.
- Define and implement appropriate documentation and scenarios to be evaluated.
- Serve as the customer for predictive models, partnering with data scientists to ensure new and refit models are in place as needed to enable the business strategy.
- Lead regular strategy changes to respond to changes in the external environment, new initiatives, variances from expectations and other drivers.
- Define appropriate risk boundaries and risk appetite that will enable the business to assume a heavily growth-oriented approach that enables future learnings while still protecting against large negative outcomes under various scenarios.
- Identify emerging trends in portfolio performance and the competitive environment.
- Lead regular strategy changes to respond to changes in the external environment, new initiatives, variances from expectations and other driver
The Credit Risk Analyst should have the following skills, education and experience:
- Proven work experience as a Credit Manager, Credit Analyst or similar role
- Hands-on experience with accounting software
- Solid understanding of lending procedures
- Be technology savvy; understand and use AI and Machine learning in credit and risk analysis
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to create and process financial spreadsheets (e.g. in Excel)
- Negotiation skills
- BSc in Accounting, Economics, Banking and Finance or relevant field
Method of ApplicationTo apply for this job email your details to [email protected]
March 31, 2023