Coordinator, Drills at First Quantum Minerals Ltd (FQM)
- Company: First Quantum Minerals Ltd (FQM)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Solwezi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia - First Quantum Minerals Ltd (FQM) Jobs in Zambia
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Reporting to the Superintendent, the Coordinator, works with the Technical advisors and foremen to coordinate the execution of Maintenance works on the Mining Drill Rigs. The coordinator must champion the maintenance planning on the fleet.
- Must be able to run maintenance works in the workshop and pit area, ensuring all parts and materials are available.
- Champion quality and provide visible leadership ‘on-the-floor’ in FQM operations.
- Recognize and celebrate achievements and success in the team; provide candid feedback, engage at all levels and lead with a People First mindset.
- Searches and sorts through the CMMS backlog to ensure all identified backlog work is included in the scheduled planned work.
- Monitor warehouse stock levels and Prioritize tasks when planning corrective and Preventive maintenance works.
- Organizes all resources required to execute the maintenance, including in-house labour, contractors, tech support, rental equipment, specialty tools, consumables, etc.
- Identifies any potential consumable materials issues and works with supply chain to ensure everything required is on site prior to maintenance work.
- Coordinate team to ensure all safety compliance targets are met.
- Ensure all legal appointments in the section are done in the Mining regulation logbook
- Adhere to all relevant Statutory requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, and any other regulations as required by the company.
- Mentor and Develop subordinates to reach their full potential utilizing training, empowerment and accountability.
- Minimize rework.
- Develop SOP’s and QA/QC Documents.
- Manage Weekly Schedules and attend to breakdowns.
- Oversee cost and effectiveness strategies including budgeting, component tracking and the encouragement and development of initiative in subordinate levels.
- Set up workshop tooling best practices.
- Understand needs analysis and engage suppliers with component specific training packages.
- Perform any other duties as required by Management.
- Minimum Grade 12 School Certificate
- Diploma in any Mechanical field or equivalent.
- A Degree in Mechanical engineering will be an added advantage.
- Holder of current Valid EIZ membership
- Ability to hold a MR207 or 210(1b) Appointment.
- Valid Driving License class B manual or better
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
- Ability to achieve result is a cross cultural environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels.
- A minimum of 8 -10 years’ relevant experience in a related role
- Must have vast experience dealing with Drilling Technology in the Mining Industry
- Demonstrable Experience leading Teams of Artisans and Technicians in maintenance works.
- Ability to understand and interpret oil laboratory analysis results.
- Experience in Condition based Maintenance.
- Knowledge of CMMS systems in particular Pronto
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th April, 2023.